SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

New Illustration Blog

Discussion started on

JillB

Hi All!

I'm really excited to be part of a new group of illustrators with a sparkly new home Between the End Pages. http://betweentheendpages.wordpress.com/ Tina Kugler, Marsha Riti & Brooke Boynton Hughes & I are going to be posting illustrations with a monthly theme, sketches, news, and some fun stuff to download. I hope you can come and visit!

Jill Bergman
http://www.jillbergman.com
http://artonthepage.blogspot.com
#1 - July 30, 2011, 03:28 PM

Illustrator / Artist
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
The site looks really good Jill. I think your styles compliment each other.

Steve
#2 - July 31, 2011, 02:27 PM

JillB

Thanks for taking a look Steve! We have some fun & challenging things planned. Oh boy!
#3 - July 31, 2011, 04:45 PM

KoalaWalli

Really nice illustrations.
#4 - August 01, 2011, 09:08 AM

Heather Hatch

Jill, the work is beautiful, I love the first prompt, and the site has unity AND diversity. But what I really love is that you all made a community. It's what I'd like to see a lot more successful examples of, here on the illustration forums, and on SCBWI's forums- everywhere, it seems illustrators are really not as good as the writers among us at reaching out and climbing/mentoring together. So few posts, so much time between... and groups like yours can mend some of that, for the members of the group. as well as giving us in the larger community frequent "good news".
So thanks for your example. And good, good luck that it goes as planned, both in marketing moxie and creation incentive, so we may be seeing the power of four, and following your posts for years to come!
#5 - August 01, 2011, 08:11 PM

JillB

Thanks so much Heather & KoalaWalli! I do think you're right Heather, and community is a special thing. Artists spend so much time alone anyway, it's good to have a little group to share with regularly. And I love having this larger resource of illustrators to talk to on the blue boards. Even if we don't all talk that much... Maybe we can think of some fun ways to involve the larger children's illustration community with our new little group. Hhmmmmmm.
#6 - August 02, 2011, 06:50 AM

Simon_Turnbull

Looks nice. I think you'd do well to set all the portfolio links to open in a new tab. At the moment if you click on a portfolio link and browse a few pics it is very difficult to return to check out the other artists.
#7 - August 02, 2011, 08:41 PM

JillB

Thanks for looking Simon! I tried to make the links on the left sidebar open with a new window- I think that's what you were suggesting. But I can't see how to do it with Wordpress. I'd love to know how if it's possible and someone knows how.

We do have the tabs along the top with our names. They don't take you away from the main site. My "interview" with pictures is posted there. The others are going to do one also, but haven't yet. Maybe it would be better to just have a bunch of art to see on those pages instead of the interviews?

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and comments everyone!

:) Jill
#8 - August 04, 2011, 06:56 AM

Members: