SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

SEEKING AN ILLUSTRATOR/GRAPHIC DESIGNER

Discussion started on

Ilanna

Hello All;

I am in the process of creating a literary mag. for children and young readers devoted to sci fi and fantasy lit. As far as I know there's nothing out there like this, although if you know of one I'd like to hear about it. The mag. would be for young and adult writers and illustrators - quality work that would be paid for. I intend for this to be an online production first.

At this stage, I'm seeking someone who would be interested in creating the title in a unique way - the title is "adventurous words - sci fi and fantasy lit for young readers".  I want it recreated in a way that stands out as creative and bold.  I'm hoping the person can also help me with layout for the mag. and I know these are two different things, so I may need two different people. OF COURSE, this is a paid job, as I would never take advantage of my fellow professionals. I will negotiate the rate with you so that you're paid appropriately.

Please respond with a link to some samples so I can take a look at your work.

Thanks so much, and all the best.
#1 - January 26, 2012, 11:39 AM

Ilanna

Okay; I'm going to amend this. I'm going to need two people and ONE of them is an illustrator. Prior experience in fantasy and sci fi illustrating is not necessary as long as you feel you can create an interesting "look" for the magazine and help me design the title. I hope this is indeed work for an illustrator. I apologize if this was unclear.
#2 - January 30, 2012, 02:37 PM

Ilanna

Hello All;

If you responded via this notice, I'm going to close the submissions at this point. I believe I've found the person I'm seeking.

#3 - January 31, 2012, 04:08 PM

Members: