SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Princess turns into frog?

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
I know there must be picture books where a princess kisses a frog and turns into a frog . . . can anybody think of one?

Thanks!
#1 - June 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
AROUND AMERICA TO WIN THE VOTE
ANYTHING BUT ORDINARY ADDIE
MESMERIZED
GINGERBREAD FOR LIBERTY!
THE GRUDGE KEEPER
more at mararockliff.com

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region britishisles
Ooooooh my favourite picture book of all time... BEWARE OF THE FROG by William Bee has a little old lady turn into a frog.

But that's not what you're after. Then there's THE FROG PRINCESS by E D Baker. She turns into a frog. It's very funny. But that's not a picture book.

Then there's the Frog Princess by Jan Ormerod. And another by Laura Cecil (who's also an agent?). I'm not sure if they're exactly what you're after.

And then I've written a version of the story on Utales.com where the roles are reversed (princess is a frog, prince is human). And because the prince is a right little stinker (not letting her sit at the table etc), she tells him to bog-off when he discovers she's a beautiful princess and asks her to marry him. I had fun with that story!
#2 - June 25, 2012, 12:36 PM
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:38 PM by Franzilla »

This probably isn't what you're after, but there are the picture book adaptations of Disney's The Princess and the Frog.

In The Frog Prince, Continued by Jon Scieszka, both the prince and princess turn into frogs at the end (though they're both human when they kiss).

I'll come back if I think of any others!
#3 - June 25, 2012, 01:52 PM
http://twitter.com/rachelgrinti
CLAWS, Chicken House 2012
JALA'S MASK, Pyr, November 4, 2014

Members: