SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Payment for Knowonder!

Discussion started on

I just got a story accepted by Knowonder! It's been so long since I sent it in that I was wondering about how the payment works. I thought I read that they don't send checks and only pay through a paypal account. If I signed up for a paypal account when I sent in the story, I don't remember it. Is this right? Do I need to sign up with Pay Pal? How does it work?

Come on people I have big plans for that fifty bucks! hehe (actually, I do. Christmas is coming.)
#1 - October 30, 2012, 03:32 PM
THE THREE RULES OF EVERYDAY MAGIC (Boyds Mills Press, Fall 2018)

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
I have no idea about how they pay,... but just wanted to say :congratulations  Awesome news!  :yay
#2 - October 30, 2012, 03:37 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I have no idea either, Amanda, but I just wanted to add my congratulations to Salina's.   :partytime

I do know that they don't pay until publication, so depending on when your story appears that $50 might or might not help with your Christmas shopping. But I'll be pulling for you that your story runs soon.
#3 - October 30, 2012, 07:30 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
I sold a story to Knowonder several months ago and payment came through Paypal. It was quick and easy - first I received the fee for the story, then about 1 month later I received the prize money (then $100) for having the "story of the month" (ie most comments). They were great to work with. I should submit to them again - thank you for reminding me! And congratulations!
#4 - October 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:22 PM by crookedbook »
MIND YOUR MONSTERS (Sterling, 2015)
HYPNOSIS HARRY (Sky Pony, 2016)
LUCY LOVES SHERMAN (Sky Pony, 2017)

stacebee

Congrats Amanda !!
#5 - October 30, 2012, 08:19 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Congratulations Amanda! I think the money should just appear in your paypal acct. and then you can spend it directly for purchases online.
Vijaya
#6 - October 31, 2012, 05:50 AM
BOUND (Bodach Books, 2018)
TEN EASTER EGGS (Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

Members: