SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

October issue of Boys' Quest

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
Wondering if anyone has access to that issue? I was suppose to have a poem in it, but have not received the issue.
#1 - October 03, 2013, 06:27 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I was supposed to have a puzzle in it, Cindy, and I didn't receive my issue either (which was particularly odd since I did receive my October issue of Hopscotch). So, yes, if anybody has access to it, I'd also appreciate hearing if my puzzle is in it.

And while I'm asking, I'll also ask--does anybody have access to the September issue of Fun for Kidz. I was supposed to have a short article in it titled, "Caesar's Cipher" and didn't receive a copy.
#2 - October 04, 2013, 08:43 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
I'll also ask--does anybody have access to the September issue of Fun for Kidz. I was supposed to have a short article in it titled, "Caesar's Cipher" and didn't receive a copy.

Ev, I didn't see it. There was an article titled "Shifty Caesar", but the author listed was Janet Slingerland.

I don't have the October issue of Boys' Quest. Sorry. :(
#3 - October 05, 2013, 05:17 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Thanks for letting me know, Stacy.  I understand that they can't always fit everything in that they've accepted, but I do wish they'd tell us when they decide not to use something.
#4 - October 05, 2013, 12:37 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Does Fun for Kidz do that often? I have a few short stories scheduled with them over the next 3 years. But they may decide not to use them after all even though their acceptance form says they've found a spot for my stories in their magazines?
#5 - October 07, 2013, 01:37 PM
Anita N. Amin
THE LEGACY OF RASHMI BAZAAR (Teacher Created Materials, Oct 2019)

Member.
Poster Plus
I'm so sorry, Ev.   :hug

And like Starfish, I'm wondering if this type of thing happens often. I've only had one thing accepted and published by Fun For Kidz, and I never thought that my story might not end up being used after it was accepted for a specific theme.
#6 - October 08, 2013, 07:25 AM

Poster Plus
Ev, I got my issue today. Your puzzle is in it- hope you get your copy.
#7 - October 11, 2013, 02:53 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Thanks, Cindy! Yes, my copy also arrived today.  Your cute poem was delightful.

Starfish and Stacy, I don't think you need to worry.  I've had lots of acceptances (mostly puzzles) from the Bluffton magazines and I think this is only the second time it's happened (one other time the editor told me). So your chances are pretty good that it won't happen to you.
#8 - October 11, 2013, 09:06 PM
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 05:22 PM by Ev »

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region epa
 :cupcake Happy ending!
#9 - October 12, 2013, 09:35 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
Cindy & Ev, I'm so glad you got your contributor copies. Time to celebrate.  :partytime
#10 - October 14, 2013, 09:03 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Thanks for sharing that info, Ev. Congrats to you and Cindy!
#11 - October 15, 2013, 02:21 PM
Anita N. Amin

Re: "Does Fun for Kidz do that often? I have a few short stories scheduled with them over the next 3 years. But they may decide not to use them after all even though their acceptance form says they've found a spot for my stories in their magazines?"

I don't think i've ever had something accepted by them that has not been published (eventually) and I've been working with them for over 10 years.
#12 - November 10, 2013, 04:26 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
That's great to know! Thanks!
#13 - November 11, 2013, 05:24 PM
Anita N. Amin

Members: