SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Online Submissions

Discussion started on

Artist Obscure
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
I was wondering if we could start a list of Magazines that can be submitted to online? (Please let me know if something similar is posted elsewhere.) I know that my SCBWI Illustrator group wouldn't mind having this information on hand. I love the idea of submitting traditionally, but I wouldn't mind having a quicker submission method for magazines.

I see on Cricket's Website that they allow for online written submissions through Submittable and only Cicada allows for online submissions of art. I have not submitted to either so I can't comment on the process of these, but it's a nice option when looking for more work. Also SCBWI also accepts online submissions for their magazine.

Which magazines do you know of that (e-zines or print) accept online submissions? If you do post please note what they will accept (Queries, Full Manuscripts, Illustrations and Photography). Also note if online is their prefered submission method! Traditional submission may be the ideal way to submit, but I think online submission is a good option as well.
#1 - June 03, 2014, 08:15 PM

I'm currently submitting a manuscript over to Cricket, you submit work though following the guidelines there. From my experience, write a short cover letter, and then uploading the manuscript in manuscript format.
#2 - June 03, 2014, 08:57 PM
You can find my stuff at: uggc://plorephyg.bet/~fnenu/oybt.ugzy

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region losangeles
Kirsten W. Larson
--
WOOD, WIRE, WINGS (Calkins Creek, 2020)
CECILIA PAYNE: MAKING OF A STAR (SCIENTIST) (Chronicle, 2021)

kirsten-w-larson.com

Oh there is a couple of YA zines I would recommend, should I post them?

The first one that comes to mind is Sucker Literary: http://www.suckerliterary.com/

This is the other one I was thinking of: http://www.suddenlylostinwords.com/
#4 - June 04, 2014, 10:21 AM
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:39 AM by SarahW »
You can find my stuff at: uggc://plorephyg.bet/~fnenu/oybt.ugzy

Artist Obscure
Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
Yes, please post anything that is relevant to our field!
#5 - June 04, 2014, 03:03 PM

Members: