SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Using Submittable

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
I have an account with submittable for the Carus group. Now I am contemplating submitting to an adult magazine that uses submittable. Do I use my user name and password for this submittable or do I make up a new one for each different magazine/publisher I'm submitting to?  I'm unsure what to do! Technology confuses me!  :)
#1 - November 13, 2014, 12:13 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region minnesota
You should be able to use the same user name and password--I've always done that.
#2 - November 13, 2014, 12:40 PM
"No furniture is so charming as books."
--Sydney Smith

http://saramatson.com/

Poster Plus
Yes, do use the same user name and password. That way, when you sign in, you can see the status of all of your submissions in one place. It's very convenient. (And, thanks! You just reminded me to go and check mine!)
#3 - November 13, 2014, 01:09 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region illinois
I've submitted to both the Carus group and a magazine for adults. I must have used  the same name, etc. because information about both showed up when I checked. So I think it's fine to use the same information and you probably should do so.
#4 - November 13, 2014, 01:10 PM
Sheila Welch,  author/illustrator. Don't Call Me Marda, Waiting to Forget, Something in the Air, The Shadowed Unicorn, Little Prince Know-It-All

Poster Plus
Thanks!
#5 - November 13, 2014, 03:21 PM

Members: