SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Questions about Air Force

Discussion started on

Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
Please let me know if you have a friend or family member in the Air Force who might be able to answer a couple questions for me. I want to make sure some dialogue is accurate/authentic.  Thank you!!
#1 - October 09, 2016, 01:38 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region iowa
Amy, you might consider calling the Air Force. I looked up their media contact # this past week myself, and now can't find where I put it--but it's easily searchable.

Gov't agencies have spokespersons to deal with media requests and I've found most of them to be excellent. You'll want to have your questions written down so you don't get rattled and forget something. Also, some agencies (FBI's one, I think) will have you submit your Qs ahead of time and then call back for answers. They can tell you things beyond ranks and procedures--I've often checked cultural things. (Is this how one of your people would phrase this? Can an FBI agent have visible tattoos? What kind of shoes do your employees wear?)

One time our daughter came around the corner, already talking, and I put a finger up and whispered "Not now. Mommy's on the phone with the CIA." You should have seen the size of her eyes!
#2 - October 09, 2016, 05:23 PM
Learning to Swear in America (Bloomsbury, July 2016)
What Goes Up (Bloomsbury, 2017)
Twitter: KatieWritesBks

Members: