SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Pockets' responses

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
I try to submit something to Pockets for each issue. I have not had any response from them since my submission for their March 2019 issue- that means I now have 7 items sent to them and have had no responses. Wondering if this is true for others who may have submissions out to the magazine?
#1 - December 17, 2018, 03:48 PM

I've sent three items to Pockets by e-mail, and I didn't get a response at all.
#2 - December 17, 2018, 04:11 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I submit by email and I don't hear anything unless they decide to use one of my submissions. Then I hear via snail mail.
#3 - December 17, 2018, 08:05 PM

Poster Plus
That's what I was wondering- if they had changed their response  actions. Thanks all!
#4 - December 18, 2018, 02:58 AM

How long does it generally take to hear from them? My only submission to them was sent six months ago. Is that too long?
#5 - December 18, 2018, 07:49 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
It depends on which theme you were submitting for.  They don't respond until they're ready to work on a particular month's issue.  They usually are working on an issue about 4 months before it's published, but sometimes it can be 5 or 6 months before.

If it's 3 months before the issue is due to come out and you haven't heard, I think you can safely decide they aren't planning to use your piece.

If your piece is not for a particular theme, I have no information on their response time.
#6 - December 18, 2018, 08:57 AM

Thanks.   So  you're saying that they don't respond at all if the answer is no?
#7 - December 19, 2018, 06:25 AM

Poster Plus
Yes, that seems to be the case since they started accepting email subs. My first time to sub via email, I got a snail mail rejection which seemed odd.  Then, I haven't heard anything since. But from what Eve says, they must have stopped responding unless it's an acceptance.
#8 - December 19, 2018, 03:29 PM

Members: