SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How Do I Get Found as an Illustrator in a Site Search on SCBWI?

Discussion started on

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
I just became a member of SCBWI yesterday. Today I finished uploading my art into my gallery. I went to test it out by searching my name in the illustrator gallery search. I can't find myself.
Do I need to take more steps to be featured as an illustrator on SCBWI or is that a further paid privilege or are their further requirements that I don't meet? I am confused. Help me understand, please. Thanks!
#1 - May 23, 2019, 08:52 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
I tried it and it worked for me (I found you by last name, first name and under whimsical). Perhaps there was a delay?

Sorry, I can't answer the 'featured' question.
#2 - May 23, 2019, 12:10 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
I think you might be right. Also, I included my location in the search and it must have confused the system, because searching by my name only works! ... Thanks for responding. I get confused when I am unfamiliar with a site. I just need to spend some time on here getting to know my way around!
#3 - May 23, 2019, 12:16 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region longislandny
The SCBWI Insight has  Draw This! competition every month and you can submit art for publication in The Bulletin as well. Look under the Publications tab on the main menu of the site. I'm not sure about becoming a featured artist....Wait! I found it. Click on Promotional Opportunities on the home page.
#4 - May 23, 2019, 06:09 PM
Twitter: @dvilardi1

Members: