SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How Opal Mehta got plagiarized...

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Wow, JustinDono.  First she was a "dumb broad" and today she's a "wench."  Both terms are unflattering but for reasons that have nothing to do with your (well-founded) objections to the young woman's plagiarism.  Perhaps your outrage and passion on this subject would carry more weight if they weren't wrapped in such terminology.  Just a thought.

Ah, Anne Marie's post got there first.  Thanks.
#331 - November 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
www.tracyabell.com
Twitter = @TracyAbell

JustinDono

New!
Whoa, maestro--no name-calling, even if she's not a member.

Fair enough. I'll fix that.

Wow, JustinDono.  First she was a "dumb broad" and today she's a "wench."  Both terms are unflattering but for reasons that have nothing to do with your (well-founded) objections to the young woman's plagiarism.  Perhaps your outrage and passion on this subject would carry more weight if they weren't wrapped in such terminology.  Just a thought.

Perhaps.  I'm normally pretty level-headed in all things (thanks to years spent working with kids of all ages, from crying babies to mouthy teenagers, I've developed a masively long fuse), but since writing is my life, passion, and love, seeing somebody desecrate it in this manner is one of a very small list of things that ticks me off.  As such, i tend to forget my manners and regard any person with the deepest disrespect.

#332 - November 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:52 PM by JustinDono »

Members: