SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Introduce yourself!

Discussion started on

Welcome, Debbie and Bill -- hope you guys have fun here. And congratulations on your first books getting published! ;D

#1141 - March 26, 2007, 07:19 PM
"This is your life and you be what you want to be.
Just don't hurt nobody, 'less of course they ask you."

XTC, "Garden of Earthly Delights" (1989)

Welcome Bill, Debbie, (yay on your books!), Heather and your cat, Noah, Jennifer, Coleen, Anita, Craig, Melanie, and all the newcomers to the board! Fasten your seatbelts and enjoy the ride!  ;D

~Della
#1142 - March 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
2019 Books: PRECIOUS BABY &  BEEP! BEEP! SPECIAL DELIVERY & HUGGLE WUGGLE, BEDTIME SNUGGLE
+ more in 2020

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Welcome everyone!  I love how many countries and states are represented here.  Thank goodness for the web and Verla Kay!
#1143 - March 27, 2007, 03:51 AM
"Writing is making sense of life."  --  Nadine Gordimer

http://www.africakidandtheworld.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the board, courtney -- I hope you have fun posting here!

Those are some cool pics! :)
#1144 - March 27, 2007, 06:22 PM

Laura Bowers

Hi everyone!

Another new gal here introducing herself.  :)

My name is Laura and I'm a young adult novelist, mother of two, horse lover, baseball enthusiast and reality TV addict.  My first novel, BEAUTY SHOP FOR RENT is to be released on May 1st by Harcourt and I'm also a member of the fab Class of 2k7 group.  I'm looking forward to hanging out here, and wow, I so love all these icon choices! 

(Hmm . . . should I confess how I've spent the last minute staring at the mooning icon?   :eh:  Nah, better not.  ;))
#1145 - April 01, 2007, 07:43 AM
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 07:45 AM by Laura Bowers »

Hello there,

Lurker turned User here.  My name is Steven and I'm very pleased to meet all of you.  This site has been a wonderful writing resource and I'm happy to be a part of it!  I currently have a middle grade fantasy novel out to an editor and an agent (the frustrating waiting game :spaz).  Look forward to getting to know you guys.
#1146 - April 01, 2007, 01:38 PM
Author of

THE CULLING -  FLUX Books 2013

THE SOWING - FLUX Books 2014

We Need Diverse Books Team Member

www.stevendossantos.com

Welcome, Laura and Steven! I hope you both have fun posting here. :)

#1147 - April 01, 2007, 06:34 PM

julia5

Hello everyone!  A pleasure to meet all of you. Have been enjoying these boards and learning a lot of valuable stuff.

I'm a former English teacher who's been writing for awhile. Am interested in most genres, but have only published picture books and magazine pieces. Want to branch out into early readers, chapter books, and mid grade novels.
I have a special interest in multicultural fiction.  Looking forward to becoming a participant instead of just a lurker!  :typing:

Jama
#1148 - April 07, 2007, 09:00 AM

cdb

A BIG  WELCOME to Laura, Steven and Jama. So glad you came out from hiding! Looking forward to knowing you.

Carole
#1149 - April 07, 2007, 09:31 AM

Welcome,
Welcome,
Welcome,

Hope you love it here as much as I do.
Brenda
#1150 - April 07, 2007, 02:06 PM
10 Turkeys in the Road, Marshall Cavendish, Scholastic, Amazon 2011
The Lake Where Loon Lives, Islandport Press 2014
TOUCHDOWN, MeeGenius 2014

bonitap

Hello everyone.  I am still so new here that I don't even have my avatar up yet.  I have heard so much about Verla Kay and this site. I write mostly but not exclusively for children. Have had a few publications on a web zine but am still really just getting started. I am currently starting a YA fantasy and am still at that newly hatched, excited stage about the project. I am a down home Kentucky girl, a late bloomer, and a barbecue and blue-grass music fan. I am still just now exploring this website and message board and learning how to negotiate and find my way. I'm thrilled to be here.

Bonita
#1151 - April 07, 2007, 04:42 PM

A big welcome to Courtney, Laura, Steven, Jama and Bonita and all the newest members!  :phat There's always a party here at Verla's!  :band
#1152 - April 07, 2007, 05:53 PM
2019 Books: PRECIOUS BABY &  BEEP! BEEP! SPECIAL DELIVERY & HUGGLE WUGGLE, BEDTIME SNUGGLE
+ more in 2020

Nordheim

Ahoy.  I am a newbie to the boards but know some of you from other boards or areas of writing.  What is there to know about me?  I guess my website tells you almost everything interesting that is writing related and family related.

www.teresanordheim.com   

:balloongroup: Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting more of you.

Teresa
#1153 - April 10, 2007, 02:35 PM

Welcome Teresa, don't I recognize you from Jacket Flap?

This is a great place! Make yourself at home.

Jane
 :cuccoan:
#1154 - April 10, 2007, 03:25 PM
I Need My Monster ~Flashlight Press
Arizona Grand Canyon Reader
Alabama Camellia
California Young Reader
Georgia Storybook
Nevada Young Reader

Hiya,

I've been posting for a few weeks but I never properly introduced myself.

I'm Thomas Kingsley Troupe, a writer of MG and YA books as well as a husband/father/firefighter/EMT/geek living out in Woodbury, MN.

My first book (an early reader) "Patrick's Super Socks" comes out in January of next year.  I've completed 2 longer middle grade adventure books and recently finished a book that I'm currently querying.

I am actively seeking representation.  Act now.  Operators are standing by.

Currently, I'm working on my 'next big thing.'  It's a YA fantasy/comedy involving clerics and zombies.  Trust me.  You'd like it.

Anyway... HELLO!  Glad to be here.  I've already made some great friends on the board and looking forward to hearing from more.
#1155 - April 10, 2007, 03:35 PM
Furry & Flo #1 - The Big Hairy Secret (Capstone - August 2013)
Furry & Flo #2 - The Problems With Goblins (Capstone - August 2013)

Welcome, Thomas -- I'm glad you've been enjoying the board so far. Congratulations on your first book, and good luck with finding an agent! :)
#1156 - April 10, 2007, 06:55 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Hey all! I'm a newbie but have started writing posts and love this little writing community.  :D Currently I am living in Seoul, South Korea as a preschool teacher. I have two cute boys and love to travel- both are my writing inspirations! I just started writing MG novels last year to remember my husband's and my crazy adventures. Then I realized- wow, I love to write. :typing: So I just do it everyday like one obsessed.   :werd It's addicting. Glad to have found this site!
#1157 - April 10, 2007, 09:47 PM
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:50 PM by Christy »
The GILDED series (Skyscape/ACP)
www.ChristinaFarley.com
Twitter @ChristinaFarley

Welcome to the board, Christy -- glad you like it here! ;D

#1158 - April 11, 2007, 06:30 PM

Jaina

Hiya, Christy!
#1159 - April 12, 2007, 04:30 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
Welcome, to the board everyone!

Jama. I once had 20 copies of your book in my car. :) It was one of the titles we offered to the kids who came to our literacy night (years ago.)

Welcome to the board and out of lurkdom!
#1160 - April 13, 2007, 01:31 PM

wyomachinook

Welcome!

#1161 - April 13, 2007, 01:55 PM

julia5

Thanks for the welcome, Cassandra! After much lurking hither and yon, I've found Verla Kay's boards to be the best! So many generous, friendly, and talented posters!  :dancing: :band :band :pp :momkid: :reading2:

Thanks for carrying those 20 copies in your car, too (hope they're not still there after all these years)! I'm always amazed to hear from people who've actually read something I've written.  Looking forward to visiting your website when construction is finished.
#1162 - April 13, 2007, 01:55 PM

emcrane

Hi!

Another board newbie, although I admit to past lurkage.  ;D
I write MG and YA; my debut novel Skin Deep won the Delacorte in '06 and will be out in '08.
I look forward to such a diverse community!
E
#1163 - April 13, 2007, 02:05 PM

mhdavis

Finally getting around to introducing myself  :snail:.

I have a YA boy book about juvies-in-training at a wilderness camp that I'm trying to find an agent for, and am currently writing a YA girl book about falling in love.

This site has been invaluable for me in this tumultuous process of becoming a "real" writer. The wisdom, support, sympathy, advice and humor have kept me going as the rejections pile up. At least I now know what it means to get a "good rejection"!

Thanks all and happy writing,

Megan
#1164 - April 13, 2007, 02:10 PM

Welcome, E and Megan! I hope you guys have a lot of fun here. :)

#1165 - April 13, 2007, 08:19 PM

aca

I'm new here too . . . my name is Abigail and I write picture books.  I participate in a local critique group in CT and participate in an online critique group for PBs.  One of my manuscripts was chosen as a finalist for the Kimberly Colen grant competition and is now at four different publishers plus two competitions (since mid-March -- haven't heard anything.) I am trying to be patient.  I have another manuscript that is about ready to be sent out . . . I'm thinking about subbing to an agent this time. I have another piece that I would like to submit to a magazine.

Lots of great information here . . . and a great community! I look forward to being more active!

Abigail
 :jump
#1166 - April 14, 2007, 11:34 AM
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:26 PM by aca »

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
Hi Everyone,

I am excited to be here. I have known about the VerlaKay website for several years, but sometimes it takes me awhile to get on the ball!

My name is Jody, and I have been writing for children for about four years now. I enjoy writing fiction and nonfiction, puzzles and games for children. I have several publishing credits in various magazines and I recently completed my first YA novel.

I am so impressed with the wealth of information on these boards and I am looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Warmly,

Jody
#1167 - April 14, 2007, 01:17 PM
MOSTLY THE HONEST TRUTH (HarperCollins 3/12/2019)
Twitter: @jodyjlittle
Facebook: @jodyjlittleauthor

Welcome to the board from another relative newbie  :)

See you around!
#1168 - April 14, 2007, 03:10 PM

Picasojo

howz it?

I write and paint under the pseudname of Picasojo.  I have been writing for decades for my own pleasure, but now having 2 young kids, I have been motivated to get hard covered.  I have two rejection letters on file from last year.  I will dig them out to tell you what PH they were from.  I have been searching the net for useful tips and have found some about format and submission but i have always wanted to be critiqued by other writers.  Hope you guys can help.

Ciao,
Picasojo
#1169 - April 15, 2007, 04:11 PM

zeke1450

Great to meet everybody!
#1170 - April 15, 2007, 07:34 PM

Members: