SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Introduce yourself!

Discussion started on

Arya

:welcome RH! I'm sure you'll have a great time here.
#1801 - March 24, 2008, 08:11 PM

RH,

This is a fun place.  I've only been on this board about a week or so and I've learned a lot, made some friends, and even started a highly controversial thread!  Dig in!
#1802 - March 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
http://www.bryanwfields.com
LUNCHBOX AND THE ALIENS, 2006 Holt; 2009 Square Fish
FROONGA PLANET, 2008 Holt
http://froongafiles.blogspot.com

ashlynn

Welcome, RH! I second what everyone else has said. This site is a large wealth of information just waiting to be found and studied! Enjoy your search to the 'TRUTH'. Eh, I watch too much t.v.
#1803 - March 26, 2008, 10:26 PM

redheadedali

Hi there!

My name is Alison. I am currently working on the polished draft of my first YA fantasy novel that I will soon start sending out on submission (eek!). I have worked with kids and books for ten years now, first as a high school English teacher, then as a high school librarian, and now as an elementary school librarian. I'm toying with ideas for picture books and MG, but YA is my first love. I also like knitting, hanging out with my fiance and my cat, and watching really nerdy television (Lost, Reaper, Chuck, Heroes, Moonlight, Torchwood, and especially Doctor Who).

Glad to be here!  :)
#1804 - March 27, 2008, 09:18 PM

Guess I should say hello and introduce myself here, too. My name is Rachel. My current focus is YA and middle grade, though I have tried writing for younger children. My husband and I discovered that we both seem to write best when we work as a team, so we are working together on a YA fantasy novel, and should have a draft finished in another month or two. While we work on the current project, we are submitting his completed YA novel to agents. (That's one of the things I am better at-- the business aspect of writing and submissions-- so I have had a large part in this process and am learning a lot!)
#1805 - March 28, 2008, 12:41 PM
http://twitter.com/rachelgrinti
CLAWS, Chicken House 2012
JALA'S MASK, Pyr, November 4, 2014

m.pritchett

Welcome Alison and Rachel :) I'm sure that you'll both find that you love it here!
#1806 - March 28, 2008, 12:43 PM

xRainyDarknessx

Hi everyone this is Anne Marie's daughter and I like to write but I also like reading, music and drawing. I am writing a lot of things one of them is a very boring book and the other is a short story.
#1807 - April 01, 2008, 06:52 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
Hey cutie tootie.

What RainyDarkness humbly neglects to mention is that she is a very good writer and her stuff is not boring at all. :)
#1808 - April 01, 2008, 07:01 PM
VAMPIRINA BALLERINA series (Disney-Hyperion)
SUNNY'S TOW TRUCK SAVES THE DAY (Abrams)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Welcome, RainyDarkness -- great to have you aboard! :)

#1809 - April 01, 2008, 08:00 PM
"This is your life and you be what you want to be.
Just don't hurt nobody, 'less of course they ask you."

XTC, "Garden of Earthly Delights" (1989)

xRainyDarknessx

Hey cutie tootie.

What RainyDarkness humbly neglects to mention is that she is a very good writer and her stuff is not boring at all. :)

Thanks mommy!!! I like your writing too. You can  read the vampire story soon it is almost ready.
#1810 - April 02, 2008, 02:23 PM

:welcome

Welcome, welcome RainyDarkness!
#1811 - April 04, 2008, 10:12 AM

naseoul

:yippee Hello, everyone!  My name...is difficult to pronounce, so it's best if you call me LN. (lol)
I've actually been on this board during the summer of 2007, but became inactive because of school.
And now I see that there are A LOT more avatars than there were last year...  :star2

I am almost 14 years old (my birthday's on the 30th) and since last summer, I've completed a YA novel (71,445 words). Currently, I'm querying here and there, waiting for responses from the agents...while trying to get my grades up. (Not that they're bad anything, I'm just one of those people that are never satisfied unless they have a 100...which rarely happens.)

Glad to be here again!  :thewave
#1812 - April 04, 2008, 03:25 PM
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 03:35 PM by LNLee »

:welcome LN and happy b-day in advance!
#1813 - April 05, 2008, 12:01 PM

naseoul

:welcome LN and happy b-day in advance!
Thanks! You're probably the first person to wish me 'happy birthday'  :D
#1814 - April 05, 2008, 04:04 PM

Hi, all! My name is Kersten Hamilton. My books and bio, books and such can be found at kerstenhamilton.com

I know some of you from elsewhere, others from elsewhen, and look forward to getting to know the rest of you from this point on. I write young picture books through YA, fiction and nonfiction. I have been enjoying the boards for some time, but just recently figured out that I could post (hi, Verla! Thank you for helping me!)

I am currently working on a YA trilogy with no publisher yet in mind.
#1815 - April 05, 2008, 04:49 PM

naseoul

Hi, all! My name is Kersten Hamilton. My books and bio, books and such can be found at kerstenhamilton.com

I know some of you from elsewhere, others from elsewhen, and look forward to getting to know the rest of you from this point on. I write young picture books through YA, fiction and nonfiction. I have been enjoying the boards for some time, but just recently figured out that I could post (hi, Verla! Thank you for helping me!)

I am currently working on a YA trilogy with no publisher yet in mind.
:welcome I'm a newbie myself...
Very nice site! I love the mice on the home page...so cute!
#1816 - April 05, 2008, 04:52 PM

LNLee, very nice to meet you. I am glad you like my mice! They were drawn by my oldest son who is an artist. I am the mouse in the purple dress. My husband is the mouse with the whiskers...my oldest son is the sleepy mouse.
#1817 - April 05, 2008, 04:57 PM

naseoul

LNLee, very nice to meet you. I am glad you like my mice! They were drawn by my oldest son who is an artist. I am the mouse in the purple dress. My husband is the mouse with the whiskers...my oldest son is the sleepy mouse.
Haha  ;D That is very cool. I think my favorite is the sleepy mouse.
#1818 - April 05, 2008, 04:59 PM

Lynda B.

Hello!

Well, please excuse the late introduction  :paperbag My name is Lynda, I'm a mother of two (next year they will both be in school full days!!). I have a degree in social-psychology, and even though I no longer work in the field, I never really stop using it, lol, y'all are just too interesting ;) I have been writing children's stories and poems as a hobby on and off for the last twelve years or so. I guess it has really been more 'off' than 'on' until recently. I've always loved writing, and really admire a certain style of PB for clear language and contrasting depth of feeling. I'm also interested in writing for the magazine market, and I have always found writing in rhyme hard to resist. I'm really enjoying the blue boards with all the insight and support.

Glad to be here,

Lynda
#1819 - April 09, 2008, 12:22 PM

naseoul

LOL, late introduction, indeed... :welcome
social psychology...that sounds VERY interesting...
I plan on taking Psychology AP in my senior year...
#1820 - April 09, 2008, 03:16 PM

Welcome aboard, Lynda. :)

#1821 - April 09, 2008, 04:49 PM
"This is your life and you be what you want to be.
Just don't hurt nobody, 'less of course they ask you."

XTC, "Garden of Earthly Delights" (1989)

My name is Tabitha, and I'm a MG/YA writer from Chicago.  I've got two little boys, around which I write my stories.  I've been writing for nearly twenty years, though I suppose only the last six count much...six years ago I decided to take my writing and publishing goals very seriously.  So far, so good.  :)

I've been an infrequent lurker for a very long time, so I thought it was high time I created a profile and said hello.  So, Hello!  :)
#1822 - April 15, 2008, 08:08 PM

:welcome Tabitha!  Glad you decided to stop lurking and join the fun!
#1823 - April 16, 2008, 04:36 PM

Poster Plus
Welcome Tabitha. You'll love it here.  :hearts
#1824 - April 16, 2008, 05:28 PM

brittanimae

*emerges from the shadows*

HI!  I've primarily browsed and posted on the response times boards for the last several months.  I'm a little scared to come out of the shadows, as posting actively on AW already sucks a fair amount of time from my writing. . .

I write for kids--big, little, fat, skinny--I love 'em all.  Here's my current oevre: I'm working on the second (actually the first) of a chapter-book series targeting kindergarteners, about half-way through a chapter-book targeting 2nd/3rd-graders, I've completed a middle-grade novel that I want to change the beginning on, and I have two picture books that I think are worthy of publication.  I'm currently looking for an agent in an on-again, off-again kind of way.  Great to meet you all!
#1825 - April 24, 2008, 02:33 PM

Arya

:welcome Brittanimae! I'm glad you've emerged from the shadows!  :yay
#1826 - April 24, 2008, 03:51 PM

sundaygirl

Hi everyone. My name is Moriah. I am fairly new to the Verla Kay site. Iv'e have passed through every now-and-again, but just finally decided to officially join. I guess I'll tell you a little about myself:
I am married, have one son (1 1/2 years old), and two cats. I am originally from the Boston area but now live in North Dakota. I am a graduate of the Institute of Children's Literature (some of you may recognize me from the ICL boards). I can't say I stick to any one gengre or readership age. I am a Christian, so I lean towards the Christian market. I have been published in Stories for Children, have a devotional in an upcoming issue of DevoZine, and a quiz in a future issue of Brio. I am a little overwhelmed by the message boards, but can't wait to get to know all of you. I look foward to learning from you and hope I can give something in return!
#1827 - April 27, 2008, 06:30 PM

naseoul

:welcome Moriah! I'm glad you've decided to officially join!
#1828 - April 28, 2008, 03:00 PM

Arya

:yay Welcome Moriah! I'm a Christian too, and I love reading Brio, so I can't wait to see your quiz in it! (How's that for a run-on sentence  :oi)

#1829 - April 28, 2008, 03:50 PM

Stephanie Denise

My name's Stephanie but because that is such a common name, most people in my family call me Denise.  I love reading and writing.  I work full time in library literacy services.  It's a great job but also very demanding.  I spend most of my time trying to balance my personal life with work responsibilities.

I'm single, no kids, which I guess means I should have it easy compared to many other writers.

Currently, I'm working on a YA sci-fi novel and I have a great critique group helping me with the edits/revisions.  Some of my favorite writers include Octavia E. Butler, Toni Morrison, Lois Lowry, Kate DiCamillo, Shirley Jackson, etc.

I hope to spend more time here learning from all you great writers!   :smile
#1830 - April 29, 2008, 10:48 AM

Members: