SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Introduce yourself!

Discussion started on

Welcome, Cap'n!  And, since it's been a while since I've posted here, welcome to all other newcomers as well!!
 :thewave

Tabitha
#2041 - September 29, 2008, 12:01 PM

Captain Ink

Captain Ink, I love your user name.

Try here (http://www.verlakay.com/boards/index.php?topic=16508.0) for books on writing.

Welcome,

Jacqui

Cheers! That's exactly what I was looking for! Just updated my library list.  :thanks2
#2042 - September 29, 2008, 12:06 PM

Sudo Nimm

Welcome aboard, Cap'n Ink, a Blue Beard on the Blue Boards!
#2043 - September 29, 2008, 05:18 PM

Childrens-Book-Insider

Hi all,

I'm Jon Bard, the Managing Editor of Children's Book Insider, the Newsletter for Children's Writers.  Getting involved here has been on my to-do list for a long time, and I finally got to it!

Let's see -- next on my list:  make sure my computer is Y2K-compliant. 

Yeah, like I said, I've been meaning to do this for a while.  :)

Anyway, glad to be here.  I'll try my best to contribute as much as I can.

Jon, http://Write4Kids.com
#2044 - September 29, 2008, 06:07 PM

Welcome, Jon!  Oh, and that Y2k compliance thing is going to be a breeze.  :)

Tabitha
#2045 - September 29, 2008, 06:18 PM

Dale

G'day, Jon and Captain Ink, and every one else who has joined since I did.

I got an email the other day saying I am now a full member,  :yay.

These are very informative boards, have fun.
#2046 - September 29, 2008, 06:23 PM

Tessadragon

Guessed I should post an intro here and apologies if I'm wrong.

I've been enjoying writing stories for teens since I was 12 and I'm 21 now, nearly 22. I'm the chairperson of my local writing group in England, Camberley Writers so I'm often rushing around searching up the next speaker for the meetings and looking for new writing challenges. I'm dating a fella in Ohio with hopes of moving to be with him when we've finished our degree courses. I love writing in the fantasy and sci-fi genres the most and suffer extenuously from writers block. I've done work experience in a London literary agency recently which was great and I'm studying holistic therapies.

Great to meet you all,

Tessadragon
#2047 - October 01, 2008, 01:15 AM

Nice to meet you. Blueboards is a great place for writers! Everyone is super nice and helpful.
I'm not always sure where to post stuff either.

There is an introducing thread under the "writing" board. You might want to go and also introduce yourself there, or a moderator might move this for you if you ask. <NOTE:  I moved Tessadragon's introduction and responses to it>  Verla Kay
http://www.verlakay.com/boards/index.php?topic=14060.0
I'm not sure if I did the link correctly so if it doesn't work, search for "Introduce yourself".

I'd also suggest checking out the "Outside the USA" board.
#2048 - October 01, 2008, 03:08 AM
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 12:00 PM by Verla Kay »
Sarah Blake Johnson, MFA
http://sarahblakejohnson.blogspot.com/
Crossings (2017, Cedar Fort)

Selsey

Hello Tessadragon,

I'm an English girl too, I'm originally from West Drayton Middlesex, but have lived in New Jersey with my American husband (and now two children) for the last fifteen years.  I love it here, this is definitely my home now I'm sure you will love it too.  I still miss England and there is definitely a culture shock when you first make the permanent move, but it is a big adventure (and good story material).

Best wishes,

Georgina
#2049 - October 01, 2008, 05:43 AM

Tessadragon

Heya,
I'm in England but dating a fella in Ohio so possibly moving over when i've graduated from university. I run a writing group locally and am in the throes of wresting funding from the local council (the main argument being, how can writing benefit the local community and how likely is the local community to take interest? for a start it'll teach the local vandals to spell properly when they graffiti the bus shelters!)
I write teen fiction of the fantasy and sci fi genres and suffer from extenuating bouts of writing block: the doctor has given me a year to live if i don't stop putting my writing pen into my eye socket every time i hit a block though at the same time i have a 50/50 chance of being killed by my own characters if i don't stop throwing them off cliffs and the like.
Good to meet you all,

Tessadragon
#2050 - October 01, 2008, 12:18 PM

Mike Jung

Welcome aboard, Tessadragon.
#2051 - October 01, 2008, 01:26 PM

Sudo Nimm

Welcome, Jon, Tessadragon, and Selsey!
#2052 - October 01, 2008, 02:41 PM

Imaginator

BIG WELCOME ..................  :balloongroup to Captain Ink, Jon, Tessadragon, and Selsey!   :yay

Congratulations! You've found the ultimate meeting place for lonely writers who love to play with smileys.

See you around the board!

Lena
#2053 - October 02, 2008, 09:30 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region socal
Thanks, Lena, for the instructions about the marquee.  I have haven't been on the boards much lately, so I am late with my thanks.  Welcome to the boards.  They're a great place to hang out.

Laurel :hearts
#2054 - October 02, 2008, 07:28 PM

anlyledo

Hello!  I'm new around these parts - I look forward to getting to know you all!

anlyledo
#2055 - October 11, 2008, 02:27 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region illinois
Welcome anlyledo!  You'll find plenty of friendly and helpful people here!  :yippee
#2056 - October 11, 2008, 05:01 PM
BIG SISTER, BABY BROTHER (Meegenius), ROCKABET (Big Smile Press)
http://kpolark.blogspot.com/  http://bookrecsthatrock.blogspot.com/
@kellypolark

Imaginator

Thanks, Lena, for the instructions about the marquee.  I have haven't been on the boards much lately, so I am late with my thanks.  Welcome to the boards.  They're a great place to hang out.

Laurel :hearts

Hi Laurel

Sorry, but it took some time to get back to you. I've just been on a holiday and didn't do anything on the computer. Thanks for your welcoming. I agree totally that it's a great place to hang out in between "paragraphs".  :smile

Lena

#2057 - October 11, 2008, 11:02 PM

Imaginator

Hello!  I'm new around these parts - I look forward to getting to know you all!

anlyledo

Hi anlyledo

I'm pretty new myself, but just want to  :welcome you to the boards. You'll find that it's a fantastic place with heaps of info and nice people to interact with.

Lena
#2058 - October 11, 2008, 11:05 PM

anlyledo

Thaks so much for the welcome Lena and Kelly! :love
#2059 - October 12, 2008, 11:56 AM

:blackcat
Charlie is for our cat that ran away this summer when we moved from Hawaii to Virginia. We're still hoping he'll show up.
I am an unpublished yet hopeful writer. I write MG contemporary. I've been a lurker for a long time. I've learned a lot about writing and marketing from you all.   I just want to say thank you from the lurker that has come out of the shadows and joined you all in the sunny land of rejections, requests, revisions and smileys.  :hearts
#2060 - October 12, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hold hands and stick together

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
I'm hoping your cat will show up, too, charlie. Mine ran away once and returned after three months of being lost. I wish I knew where she had been all that time.

Welcome to the board!
#2061 - October 12, 2008, 01:28 PM
PAINLESS (Albert Whitman 2015)
BLOOD BROTHERS (Delacorte 2007)

Mike Jung

Welcome aboard anlyledo and charlie!
#2062 - October 12, 2008, 02:03 PM

Thank you for the nice welcome ShirleyH and Mike Jung! I love being a member already! it's such a nice and supportive site.
 :yippee :yippee :yippee :yippee :yippee[/glow]
#2063 - October 13, 2008, 08:21 AM

Mike Jung

You're very welcome - it is a great site, isn't it? I lurked for a couple years and began posting a couple months ago, and I'm soaking up incredible amounts of useful stuff from folks here. I've decided the blue boards ARE the best kidlit boards around.
#2064 - October 13, 2008, 01:02 PM

Imaginator

charlie, hope your cat makes it to Virginia somehow even if it sounds like a difficult journey. Maybe it could be a good story.

A warm welcome to the boards!

Lena
#2065 - October 13, 2008, 10:50 PM

Thanks, Lena!!!
 :thankyou
#2066 - October 14, 2008, 11:52 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
test
#2067 - October 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
VAMPIRINA BALLERINA series (Disney-Hyperion)
SUNNY'S TOW TRUCK SAVES THE DAY (Abrams)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region socal
Welcome to all new Blue Boarders, with a special tip of the hat to Captain Ink.  These boards are amazingly helpful, but they are definitely a distraction, too.  :lol 
#2068 - October 14, 2008, 05:38 PM

Sudo Nimm

Welcome, anlyledo and charlie! :thewave
#2069 - October 15, 2008, 10:56 PM

Jeff Faville

Hello everyone!

No more lurking! I've kicked the peep-aholic habit and now I'm posting! It was great to meet so many Blue Boarders at the RUCCL and I appreciate all the positive feedback. I promised to join, so here I am!

My day job is a graphic designer, but I'm increasingly more and more obsessed with my PB stories. It's kind of embarrassing, because no matter what's going on, my stories and characters are always occupying a good part of my conscious thought, and as for my subconscious, forget it! Completely cluttered with crazed and ridiculous ramblings.

My wife has her own business, I have two kids, a 13 year old son who is 100% adolescent (aka "Mr. Growly"), and a 7 year old daughter who is so active her feet never touch the ground!

Now that i've joined, you'll have to put up with me! LOL! Next I have to figure out how to use those smiley things...
#2070 - October 22, 2008, 12:05 PM

Members: