TAKING OFF, Bloomsbury
SHADOW, Scholastic Press
WINNIE'S WAR, Bloomsbury

Books for Young Readers of All Ages :)
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
Welcome, all new Blue Boarders!  This wonderful place is reassuring, inspiring, and enlightening.  I can't imagine how I survived before joining.  Thanks to everyone for making it what it is.   :grouphug2
#2072 - October 22, 2008, 01:34 PM
PB CALVIN'S LAST WORD, Tilbury House 2020
PB LITTLE CALABASH, Island Heritage 2020
YA SECRETS IN TRANSLATION, Fitzroy, 2018
and 28 more
@ipapaverison

Mike Jung

Welcome aboard Jeff!
#2073 - October 22, 2008, 03:07 PM

Jeff Faville

Thanks, Jenny, Tori, and Mike!

Posting = good
Lurking = not so good
#2074 - October 22, 2008, 03:16 PM

Welcome Jeff!!! :welcome
#2075 - October 23, 2008, 04:27 AM
Hold hands and stick together

Jeff Faville

Thanks, Charlie!
#2076 - October 23, 2008, 08:58 PM

Mike Jung

You're welcome Jeff.

Posting = good
Lurking = not so good

As a veteran lurker who's learned a lot by sniffing around before ever posting, I have a mildly different take on this:

Lurking = not so bad
Posting = much, much better!
#2077 - October 24, 2008, 10:54 AM

Jeff Faville

HaHa! Very funny, Mike! That puts a more positive spin on it, which I'm learning is what these Boards are alll about.

No more negative vibes, in other words.
#2078 - October 24, 2008, 11:02 AM

AmyDawn

Hi! 

I see lots of familiar names on this site (lots of Facebook friends on here).  I'm a PB writer (not yet published) ... and I'm so excited to be involved on this site!  (YAY) :applause

A little about me.  I'm a stay at home mama/writer.  I have 2 "babies" (a 6-year-old and 2-year-old) ... and I have a very busy Air Traffic Controller husband.  We also have 2 cats and a dog..  I've been writing for a long time ... but not professionally until 2001. 
#2079 - October 29, 2008, 11:48 AM

Jeff Faville

Welcome Amy Dawn! These are supportive, friendly folk! You'll feel right at home...

-Jeff
#2080 - October 29, 2008, 05:32 PM

AmyDawn

Thanks a bunch, Jeff!
#2081 - October 30, 2008, 10:12 AM

brainbliss

:yo

I'm Bryan.  I just started writing YA, but have been writing for years - so this is a kind of new and exciting adventure for me.  I wrote my first book - a premise that I loved, and can't seem to get over... - about 5 years ago.  It just never...uh...worked.  So, I shelved it and started writing a lot of non-fiction.

Then I went to seminary and became a youth pastor.

Which led to a bout of questioning and a severe allergic reaction to the church.

Which cleared up.

I'm a youth pastor again now.

And I started re-working my original book with the MC as a teenager.  And ta-dah - it works.

So, excited to be here.  Looking forward to meeting everybody and hoping to get some good feedback on my WIP.  Just crossed over 200 pages (and 50,000 words or so) tonight.  So, awesomeness.

Public Service Announcement: I am prone to talk of ninjas.  I am prone to speaking in Ebonics, even though it is completely ridiculous for me to do so.  Example:  Word?  Word!  Or: Please don't be whack, yo. 

;)
#2082 - October 30, 2008, 09:23 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Glad you're here, brainbliss!  This is a great place to find out about YA writing and connect with other writers.  Have fun checking it out.
#2083 - October 30, 2008, 10:53 PM
"Writing is making sense of life."  --  Nadine Gordimer

http://www.africakidandtheworld.blogspot.com/

Sudo Nimm

Welcome, Jeff, Amy Dawn, and brainbliss! :thewave
#2084 - November 01, 2008, 09:48 PM

jaws

Alright!  Fellow lurkers coming out of the closet.   :hiding  It's really not that bad.  I keep telling myself that.  (Must reach 50 posts before I die...)

Welcome!
#2085 - November 02, 2008, 05:41 PM

C. Lee

This is one long-lived thread! Nice to see it reappearing at the top with your "coming out," Jaws. Greetings from California.
#2086 - November 08, 2008, 06:56 AM

Hello Bryan,
Was wondering why you sounded familiar ... you're in our critique group!
 :welcome
Welcome to the group and the blueboards!
Nandini

and welcome to all new members!!  :cheerleader
#2087 - November 10, 2008, 08:15 AM
Red Turban White Horse (Scholastic India)
Starcursed (Red Turtle/Rupa India)

http://www.nandinibajpai.com

Fulano

Hello everyone.
Been lurking a while, timidly posting.

I am currently submitting a mg fantasy with a dragonfly as the mc to agents. Spent six months researching the natural history of dragonflies, bees and houseflies (sidekicks) and a year writing the 170 page novel. The book is a hero's quest, grounded in science, although hopefully avoiding any didactic teacher talk.

I'm in my second semester at Vermont College. Incredible program. Working on a themed collection of short stories/novel with humans right now. Quite a switch from bugs.

Been a teacher for 20 years in Massachusetts, Vermont and California, every grade from 3rd through 8th. Always wanted to write, but teaching sucked me dry of any emotional energy to really focus anything else, so I am taking two years off, doing my mfa and giving it a shot. I am just so happy I walked off the cliff from my comfortable, stable life!

Only discovered the blueboards recently. Great info and moral support--a wonderful community. I'll be posting my progress in finding an agent as I send out queries. 
Best,
Daphne
#2088 - November 10, 2008, 08:34 AM

Noodler & doodler
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sfnortheastbay
Hi Fulano,

Welcome! I, too, had lurked for a while before joining in the discussions. But I think you'll find that people are very friendly and interesting here. You'll meet folks with similar interests and backgrounds. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. There's bound to be someone who can help...

Your MG fantasy sounds cool. What's the title? I love scifi, fantasies and myths. I look forward to hearing more about your story and swapping ideas and resources as writers.

Also, big congrats on taking off from that cliff. Now you can fly with your writing dreams!

Cheers,
Edna :-) aka ecm
#2089 - November 10, 2008, 10:33 AM
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:36 AM by ecm »
author/illustrator of HONU AND MOA (awarded 2019 Aesop Accolade) & poet contributor of THANKU poetry anthology

Fulano

Thanks, ecm!
#2090 - November 11, 2008, 04:18 AM

Welcome Brainbliss, Amy Dawn, Fulano!!! :treasure

This board is truly a treasure chest of information, and more importantly encouragement!!!
#2091 - November 11, 2008, 04:39 AM
Hold hands and stick together

ccw

Hi everyone!
I am Cindy and so glad to be here! My MG novel, Dog Gone, came out in May and I've got another MG coming out Fall '09. I'm excited to be here and look forward to meeting you all and learning lots!
#2092 - November 11, 2008, 05:53 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
Welcome, Cindy!
#2093 - November 11, 2008, 05:55 PM
Jennifer Mckissack:
SANCTUARY, Scholastic Press

Jenny Moss:
TAKING OFF, Bloomsbury
SHADOW, Scholastic Press
WINNIE'S WAR, Bloomsbury

ccw

Thanks, Jenny!!!!  :thankyou
#2094 - November 12, 2008, 06:02 PM

Welcome Cindy, and Fulano!  Congrats on the two books, Cindy, and Fulano?  Kudos for leaping into the unknown...so many people THINK it, but it takes courage to actually do it.  Way to go.
#2095 - November 12, 2008, 06:16 PM
HANNAH & THE SPINDLE WHORL  (Ronsdale, 2010)
HANNAH & THE SALISH SEA (Ronsdale, 2013)
http://carolanneshaw.com

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Welcome to all the new members!
Cindy--love your website, especially the magic bench/swing--looks inviting!
#2096 - November 13, 2008, 11:08 AM
ROLLER BOY (Fitzroy Books, 2018)
AMY'S CHOICE (Luminis Books, 2014)
CALL ME AMY (Luminis Books, 2013)
www.marciastrykowski.com
Twitter: @MarciaStry

dylan

Hi,

My name is Dylan Reed. I am a long time blogger and professional clown. I have had a bundle of stories welling around inside the abyss that is my ADHD rattled brain and have recently started tp put them onto paper. I love reading all the posts on this site and hope to contribute all sorts of good things to it.

Dylan
#2097 - November 21, 2008, 02:30 PM

jaws

Welcome Dylan!  It sounds like you will have a unique perspective and plenty of interesting stories to tell.
#2098 - November 21, 2008, 06:11 PM

dylan

Oh I have all sorts of interesting stories to share. If you want to know them feel free to check out my blog or just ask and you shall receive
#2099 - November 24, 2008, 07:45 AM

marina

Hi there!

My name is Marina Cohen and I was introduced to this board by my good friend Helene Boudreau.

I'm a part-time teacher and full-time mother of twin 4 year-olds.  I have two middle-grade fantasies published by a small Canadian publisher and two completed Y/A thrillers, one of which my agent is currently shopping around. 

I'm technologically-challenged so please be patient with me as I muddle my way through the boards getting the feel of the place. I look forward to getting to know you all and having some great discussions!

marina

#2100 - November 25, 2008, 07:49 AM

Members: