Introduce yourself!

Discussion started on

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I'm actively trying to figure out how I can force my body to only need 4 hours of sleep per night -- so I can "do it all".

Chris,  all you have to do is get very old.   I've noticed that the older I get, the less sleep I seem to need.  I'm down to about 5 hours a night now.  So just turn 60 or 65 and you will probably have reached  your goal.  :dr :dr :dr :dr

To all the new people on the Board... WELCOME!  I hope you enjoy your stay with us. :hug1:
#211 - May 15, 2004, 08:29 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Owl Princess
Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
Chris,  all you have to do is get very old.   I've noticed that the older I get, the less sleep I seem to need.

... or can get...     :zzz          :smoke  (that's a hot flash, not anger)     :uhuh       :pp
#212 - May 15, 2004, 08:57 AM
ANTIQUE PIANO & OTHER SOUR NOTES
http://decoowlpress.com

Barb  :owl

Blog: http://owlsquill.blogspot.com

cmodz

I've created a site to share my experience and progress as I attempt to write, illustrate and publish my first children's picture book.

check it out –

http://home.earthlink.net/~modarellidesign

cmod
#213 - May 30, 2004, 05:56 AM

Poster Plus
 :jump

Welcome eithocta and cmodz!    :D

I like the 3D art/ illustration on your site cmodz!

--LiZ
#214 - May 30, 2004, 07:31 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Hello,
I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to join because of all the wonderful information that is being shared on these message boards.  Still trying to figure things out since I'm not terribly techy.
Verla Kay came to our local SCBWI meeting and it was great to hear her talk.  My kids love her books (and so do I).
About me: I started writing for children three years ago and have had some success in the magazine world.  You can see some of my work in Odyssey, on ICL writing tips and Once Upon A Time.  I have pieces accepted in Highlights, Ladybug (my first sale!!!) and others.  Trying hard to sell some PB mss.
It's good to be here.
Vijaya
#215 - June 09, 2004, 08:57 PM
TEN EASTER EGGS (Cartwheel/Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 40 books and 60 magazine pieces

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
Hey Vijaya!  Good to see you here!

Anne Marie
#216 - June 10, 2004, 04:03 AM
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
VAMPIRINA AT THE BEACH (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Welcome Vijaya! There IS a lot of great info on this board. Glad to have you along with us for the ride.
Kristy
#217 - June 10, 2004, 04:12 AM
A DANCE LIKE STARLIGHT (Philomel)
ME WITH YOU -- (Philomel)
MINI-RACER -- (Bloomsbury)
SURFER CHICK -- (Abrams)
http://kristydempsey.livejournal.com

MamaG

Hi  Vijaya!  Thanks for joining us!  It sounds like you are off to a great start with your writing. :writing3:
#218 - June 10, 2004, 06:18 AM

Kimberly

Welcome aboard, Vijaya!
#219 - June 10, 2004, 07:29 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Say, is there any way I can have new posts sent directly to my email or is this like the ICL chat where I must come to this website to check the posts?
Thanks,
Vijaya
#220 - June 11, 2004, 03:15 PM

mclicious
Poster Plus
My name is Hannah.  I'm 15, almost 16, and I've been writing since first or second grade.  Yes, I know everyone says that, but I've been semi-professionalish (as professional as you can while also running websites, livejournals, and going to school) since I was about 12.  I finished my first mg novel at 12 but I have yet to send it out to publishers.  It's sadly sitting on a disk from my old mac, and now I have a pc so they're not compatible.  But anyway, so that's me!   :D  I write nonfiction, fiction, and poetry.  I live in the US.  My favorite color is purple.  And that's all the basic info about yours truly.
#221 - June 28, 2004, 06:19 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canorthcentral
Welcome, Hannah. Glad to see you here! :)

Cassandra
#222 - June 28, 2004, 09:28 PM

MamaG

Hi Hannah!
#223 - June 29, 2004, 09:45 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Say, is there any way I can have new posts sent directly to my email or is this like the ICL chat where I must come to this website to check the posts?

Vijaya, while there is a feature to let you know when new posts have been added, it has a problem in that too many people were  using it and all the messages were getting bounced and arriving in my personal email box instead of going to the people who wanted them.  So I requested people NOT use that feature, as it wasn't doing them any good, and was literally "spamming" my email box so I couldn't find my own messages.  So the answer to your question would be, "You do have to come here to check posts."  Sorry....

Verla
#224 - June 29, 2004, 09:52 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Kimberly

Welcome aboard, Hannah!!
#225 - June 29, 2004, 10:19 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Thanks, Verla.
I like coming to this site to see new messages ... this is the only site that my son lets me look at in peace (because of all the emoticons!)
Vijaya
#226 - June 29, 2004, 01:20 PM

AngelaD

Howdy All!  AngelaD here.  I have written/told several children's stories - NONE published (big surprise) but I'm ever hopeful.  I have actually only submitted one of them anyway, LOL!  Even that was only 3 times, but I guess i just need more guidance.  I live in Tx, work full-time, school part-time, have 2 children (9 and 11) ana husband; that's basically 3 kids I guess.   I love to write and read and would love any advice that anyone has to give! :baby:
#227 - June 30, 2004, 07:06 AM

MamaG

Welcome to the board Angela.  You will find tons of information and advice to a variety of topics as you navigate through old threads.  If you can't find an answer to a specific question, you can post your question, everyone here is very willing to help. 
I hope you enjoy the group
#228 - June 30, 2004, 07:36 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
Welcome AngelaD, from one Texan to another...and a big welcome to all of you new members!  This board is an incredible source of information, inspiration, and support!   :)  :)  :)
~Jessica
#229 - June 30, 2004, 08:16 AM

poetnright

Hello All
              I am just thrilled to be on this site!  :phat Writing is something that I love to do. My interest for writing for children began about two years ago. Poetry was my first love and still is but, I belive in trying out new things. Looking forward to talking and learning more about the world of Writing for Children. Traveling on the road to writing this has to be a great place to start. :writing3:http://

Regards
Nicole :hug1:
#230 - July 03, 2004, 07:31 PM

Poster Plus
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking for a while, but I figure I'd better step out and make a name for myself. I'm Joan, SAHM with two girls (ages 5 and 7). I have been writing forever, but am relatively new to the submitting process. I have several ms off in "patiently waiting for" land, and more in various stages of WIP.

This seems like a really great board and I'm so happy to have found this awesome community. I hope to be able to participate more in discussions in the future.

All the best,
Joan

#231 - July 06, 2004, 05:33 AM

Mistress of Mayhem
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Wow! There have been a lot of new people since the last time I saw this thread. Welcome all of you!

This is a great place to be if you write and/or illustrate children's books. I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have (and learn as much too)!
#232 - July 06, 2004, 06:07 AM
Site - http://sruble.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/StephanieRuble

picture book: EWE AND AYE (Disney-Hyperion)

Poster Plus
 :hug1:

Welcome Vijaya, Angela, Nicole, & Joan!

--LiZ
#233 - July 06, 2004, 07:39 AM

MamaG

Hello Joan and Nicole!  Welcome to the board
#234 - July 08, 2004, 07:59 AM

nicole21

Hello everyone!
  I am new to this site and I recognize some of you from yella board.  I am from Illinois, almost 21, college senior, children's story and poem writer, and new to this publishing thing.  Both this and the yella board have helped me out so much and now I am about ready to submit to magazines!!      ;D   Hope to talk to you all more and maybe meet some of you someday!!

Nicole
(you can call me by my last name, Guido, since theres another Nicole already...or you can just use Nicole if you prefer)
#235 - July 16, 2004, 02:30 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canorthcentral
Welcome, Nicole! :)
#236 - July 16, 2004, 03:55 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Welcome to all of you!  :)  So glad you found us and joined our group. 
#237 - July 17, 2004, 07:06 AM
Verla Kay

piperpan

Hi all,
I'm new and from Canada.  I have been writing pb's seriously for about 6 years now.  Looking forward to chatting and meeting you all, and learning from you seasoned pro's.
#238 - July 20, 2004, 01:02 PM

MamaG

Hi piperpan.  Welcome to our clubhouse.  Don't forget to check out all of the older postings, they are full of great information. 
I look forward to seeing you around the board.
#239 - July 20, 2004, 01:18 PM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region ksmo
Welcome, piperpan!  Good to have you here...look around and enjoy the wealth of information!
 :)
#240 - July 20, 2004, 05:07 PM

Members: