SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Introduce yourself!

Discussion started on

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canorthcentral
Welcome aboard, Ahri, Lisa, Jey and Linda!

:)
#331 - January 17, 2005, 12:14 PM

Rock of The Westies
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nevada
Hello Lisa,

I believe you are the one I referred here from the SCBWI Discussion Boards. Good to see you. This group is very supportive!
#332 - January 17, 2005, 12:40 PM
Fur Balls & Feathers & Fins, Oh My! Animals Are My Kind of People
 www.cynthiakremsner.com

Alison

Welcome, Ahri & Lisa!

Lisa, do you live in Houston? I'm in the Austin area. I haven't made it to a Houston conference, but I go to most of the Austin ones & have been to a couple in Dallas.
#333 - January 17, 2005, 12:49 PM

rachael

Hi,

I’ve been lurking here for a while but have been told (by a reliable source) to jump in as the water is warm. So I will.
I live in London, England and I am currently taking a course in Writing for Children at the City Lit. My tutor is great and I am currently learning a lot. I am sure I will also learn a lot here.

Rach
#334 - January 28, 2005, 11:34 AM

Deb

Welcome! To all the new members...this is truly a wonderful place to be and glad that you are joining us  :yay.

Yo Linda...glad you made it...er...many weeks ago it looks like!  Seems I am in a constant state of ketchup  :yup.

Deb  :cuccoan:
#335 - January 28, 2005, 01:08 PM

carimel

I want to Welcome Rachael to our group!!!!      I know I have not been writing on the board but I always have everyone in my thoughts!!!   I have started writing a mystery novel but my first calling is to write children stories!!   I have written  about 4 children stories; at the moment have not published any.   I would love to keep in touch with you Rachael!!!
#336 - January 28, 2005, 04:42 PM

maripat

Hello to all the new members! This is a great site for children's writing.

Welcome!
Maripat
#337 - January 29, 2005, 09:20 AM

bonnie

I'm a retired teacher.  Started writing a few years ago.  I write adult/young adult novels.  I'm under contract for my newest YA novel.  Also just finished my first ever picture book text.  Glad to be here. 

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/bonnieshimko/
#338 - January 29, 2005, 11:36 AM
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 11:54 AM by bonnie »

Poster Plus
Hi Rachael !

Welcome!  You'll  find some familiar folks here = Tanya [tgseale] and Julie, [ and me lol! ]

The water is fine and you'll get along 'swimmingly'  LOL!

--LiZ
#339 - January 29, 2005, 01:14 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Welcome, Rachael and Bonnie!!
#340 - January 29, 2005, 03:08 PM

Welcome Bonnie and Rachael.  Glad to have you join us!
#341 - January 29, 2005, 06:39 PM
http://rt19writers.blogspot.com/
AMAZING KITCHEN CHEMISTRY (Nomad 2008)
EXPLORE ROCKS AND MINERALS (Nomad 2009)
MAPPING AND NAVIGATION (Nomad 2013)

Jennifer J

:bubblebath:

I'm Jennifer J and I live in Tucson, AZ.  Please don't forget the J.

www.jenniferjstewart.com
#342 - February 02, 2005, 06:05 AM

JKC

Welcome Jennifer J (I remembered!), Bonnie, and Rachael. You'll love this place!  :yup  Dive right in and join all the discussions.

Jayme
#343 - February 02, 2005, 07:25 AM

poppyseed

Hey everybody!

My name is Pamela (I also answer to "poppyseed," but prefer not to answer to "Pam") and I'm a 32 year-old stay-at-home mom of three (the youngest is three months old) in northern Virginia. I've always written (for prizes and personal gratification, but not for major publication, alas), but I'm new to the children's book world, and altogether new to the effort of getting published. (Frankly, I've always been too scared to try. I've run out of excuses now, though.) I'm most interested in picture books - or illustrated books, as often as not - but may move into other types as I get more involved.

My sticky wickets tend to be pacing, endings, and dialogue. I'm pretty good at garnering ideas (my five and six year-olds help quite a lot), and I get going with a roar, but then I run out of steam. What I'm looking for is a place populated with people who are good at the things I'm not, so I can glean insight from them; people who will encourage me when my thin-skinned self begins to get dejection-inducing rejections; people who will be honest with me (albeit kindly) so that I can improve my writing overall; people who are fun and with whom I enjoy "hanging out" when I'm not pounding out my pint-size potboilers, who get what's going on in my life because it's what's happening in their lives, too.

This seems to be the place. I'm stunned by all the resources available out there, but of the open forums available, this seems to be among the very best. I hope I can get a lot out of being here, and that I'll eventually be able to give as good as I get.

Anyway, howdy!
#344 - February 05, 2005, 07:41 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Welcome, Poppyseed and Jennifer J!! :)
#345 - February 05, 2005, 09:29 AM

Owl Princess
Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
Hi to all the new people. Have fun!
#346 - February 05, 2005, 09:38 AM
ANTIQUE PIANO & OTHER SOUR NOTES
http://decoowlpress.com

Barb  :owl

Blog: http://owlsquill.blogspot.com

Harrietthespy

I'm a curmudgeonly mother of 2 (ok 3 if you count my husband, well . . . . 6 if you count the cats).  I live in the midwest and have published 2 easy readers at Scholastic, 2 picture books at Sterling and 17 fiction and non-fiction titles coming out over the next few years at Children's Press.  I also write articles for a Scholastic's magazine division. Currently working on a MG novel which is under review at Philomel and a YA under request at another publisher (but it's not finished....sigh).  I have an agent who represents my novels.

Mostly I lurk and learn and soak up the camaraderie on this board. 

Lisa - I go to Houston events too!  That chapter is AWESOME!

And a shout-out to Jen who I know from another board. Congrats on the novel!
#347 - February 05, 2005, 04:08 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
I'm glad you've come out of lurkdom, Ms. Harriet. Welcome! ;)

-Cassandra
#348 - February 05, 2005, 04:19 PM

nicole21

Wow!  There have been a lot since I last checked!  Welcome, everyone!  Glad you all joined!  :yup
#349 - February 05, 2005, 05:22 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region southern-breeze
Hey all!  I haven't been her ein a loooooooong time, as the day job and move took over my life.  But now here I am.  I missed you!!!!!!  How is everyone?
#350 - February 15, 2005, 06:01 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
I am so excited to see your name, OHMYLORELEI!  I was wondering where you'd got yourself off to.

AM
#351 - February 15, 2005, 06:03 AM
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
VAMPIRINA AT THE BEACH (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region southern-breeze
I missed you guys too.... I moved to Atlanta, switched jobs, wrote a nonfiction proposal (adult) and now I'm finally trying to revise the novel that brought me here way back when...

How've you been?
#352 - February 15, 2005, 11:47 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Welcome, back, Lorelei!!!!! :hug1:
#353 - February 17, 2005, 10:20 AM

A great big HELLO!! to all! and welcome back, Lorelei! Good to 'see' you!

#354 - February 17, 2005, 08:44 PM

merrylaugh

I don't have a clue how to navigate around here......can someone walk me through this one step at a time?  My niece told me about the website but I can't seem to get into the chat room.....arghhh......
#355 - March 03, 2005, 04:35 PM

tgseale

merry, scroll up and click just below "writers and illustrators chat live nightly"  It's on the right side of your screen at the little box at the top.
#356 - March 03, 2005, 08:18 PM

kimw

tgseale,
I am new too and was wondering where you got your "book" picture.
Thanks for the help.
kimw
#357 - March 05, 2005, 08:05 AM

tgseale

Hi Kim,
I honestly don't remember where I got the book picture.  I think I went to google and searched for "free gif images" or something like that.  I found a site and scrolled through until I found one I liked.  I saved the image to my computer (right click and choose save) and then uploaded it from my computer to the "profile" section here at Verla's message board. 
Welcome to you both!
tg
#358 - March 05, 2005, 11:03 AM

kimw

Thanks!!!
It worked!
kimw :D
#359 - March 05, 2005, 11:56 AM

tgseale

Yes, it did!  That's a cute little guy. :)
tg
#360 - March 05, 2005, 12:00 PM

Members: