Introduce yourself!

Discussion started on

Welcome, Becca!  It's a great place to be  ;D
#901 - October 19, 2006, 07:45 PM
"If you don't get it right the first time, just get it written." ~J. Thurber
http://thebrokentree.blogspot.com
http://gglightandshadow.blogspot.com

Jo Knowles

Love the FAQ on your page, Jo.  Welcome!

Thanks, Jaina!!

:)
#902 - October 20, 2006, 04:31 AM

Jaina

Welcome, Becca!  Have fun looking around!
#903 - October 20, 2006, 04:42 AM

addicted to YA
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region indiana
  • SCBWI PAL
Welcome, Becca - it's a great place!   :yup

Julia
#904 - October 20, 2006, 04:46 AM
XVI, Puffin/Speak, available now
Truth, Puffin/Speak, January 2012
http://juliakarr.com

shebec

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I look forward to getting to know you all!
#905 - October 20, 2006, 09:08 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Hello, I have been reading and enjoying all of the great info that is posted on this site.  I have written a few PB's, and am also interested in Early Readers.  Look forward to learning from everyone's experience.
#906 - November 05, 2006, 08:18 PM
You must be mad, said the Cheshire Cat, or you wouldn't have come here. -- Lewis Carroll

dwrites

Welcome. You'll love it here. The teacup avatar is great. Did you take the photo?

Diana
#907 - November 05, 2006, 08:27 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
I stole it from my teenage daughter's collection!
#908 - November 05, 2006, 09:02 PM
You must be mad, said the Cheshire Cat, or you wouldn't have come here. -- Lewis Carroll

Wordbender

Welcome!  It really is a wonderful site for children's writers and illustrators.  Have fun.

Anne
#909 - November 06, 2006, 08:14 AM

cdb

Hello All

Found this site yesterday and it feels like heaven. You all inspire me.  I wish each one of you the best in your endeavors.
I'm probably not as serious as most of you, but I do enjoy writing and once in awhile the spirit moves.  I have enjoyed one rejection letter.
My name is  Carole, mom or gramma.  The word "lurk" sorta makes me itch, so I will probably "hang" here often. I'm not very shy and sometimes insert my foot in my mouth, if I do that here, feel free to  :!.  I'm really a big kid at heart and love that Verla invites us to play. The creativity here is so life-giving. Thank you all.
#910 - November 06, 2006, 08:42 AM

Welcome, Carole! I'm glad you're enjoying it here so far. :)

#911 - November 06, 2006, 05:51 PM
"This is your life and you be what you want to be.
Just don't hurt nobody, 'less of course they ask you."

XTC, "Garden of Earthly Delights" (1989)

Welcome Carole and R Hamby!  This is a wonderful place!  ;D
#912 - November 07, 2006, 06:20 AM
"If you don't get it right the first time, just get it written." ~J. Thurber
http://thebrokentree.blogspot.com
http://gglightandshadow.blogspot.com

M W McKen47

I am new to this board.  My name is Marion and I am an Elementary Teacher currently I am working as a teacher's substitute.  I have written several books, most of them are children's.  I currently have one book that is being published.  It is an adult fiction.  The next step is for me to see the cover design.

Looking forward to this new venture.
#913 - November 08, 2006, 03:35 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
Welcome to the board, Marion!

Shirley
#914 - November 08, 2006, 03:38 PM
PAINLESS (Albert Whitman 2015)
BLOOD BROTHERS (Delacorte 2007)

cdb

I am new to this board.  My name is Marion and I am an Elementary Teacher currently I am working as a teacher's substitute.  I have written several books, most of them are children's.  I currently have one book that is being published.  It is an adult fiction.  The next step is for me to see the cover design.

Looking forward to this new venture.

From one newcomer to another, Welcome!
This is a great site. I haven't been here a week yet, but I'm learning much from the people who post here. Good luck to you!

Carole
#915 - November 08, 2006, 04:04 PM
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 04:07 PM by cdb »

Welcome to the blue crew, Marion!
#916 - November 08, 2006, 04:32 PM
Bazooka Joe says, I have the ability to become outstanding in literature.
http://samhranac.blogspot.com/

Wordbender

Hi Marion,

Have fun looking around.  It is a great place for writers.
#917 - November 11, 2006, 06:12 PM

Kitty B

Hi. Most people go from A to B to C to D. I'm one of the few who go from A to B to C to Q.  Here I am 50 years old and at Q. Translation: I've had a really bizarre life,  and am rediscovering an old passion for writing.  Over the years I have written for newspapers.  I have won some poetrty contests, and have even gotten one poem published in a major magazine.  I have recentley written a children's book as a tribute to my daughter who was killed in 2000. There's that Q again. I have started sending it out to publishers.  Recentley I have been reading a lot of books on writing, publishing and book promotions.  I am learning so much.  A recurring theme in these books is to connect with other writers. I have socially isolated myself since my daughter's death, so I barely know any people, let alone writers. I've been checking out websites and this one seems to have a lot of practical advice. I will mostly lurk and learn, but will have questions from time to time.  I seem to have a problem putting an end to my stories, and this one is giving me the same problem. AS pathetic as I sound I am really enjoying my recently rekindled love of writing, and plan to seriously pursue the path it is leading to.  :horse I just really liked this posty.
#918 - November 12, 2006, 10:14 AM

Jaina

Welcome, Kitty!  Glad you like the board so far.  Along with the practical advice, you will also get a certain amount of nuttiness!  :duh:  None of it from me, of course.
#919 - November 12, 2006, 11:30 AM

Wordbender

Hello Kitty (hmm...that has a familiar sound to it)   ;D     Welcome!
#920 - November 12, 2006, 12:30 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
Welcome, Kitty!
You'll find lots of great information and writing support here.  :hug1:
#921 - November 12, 2006, 12:53 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region socal
And maybe you'll work your way up to attending writer conferences and a critique group.   It's hard to write in a vacuum,  I know.    :)
#922 - November 12, 2006, 08:04 PM

Kitty B

Thanks for the welcome.  I would like to join a critque group and attend some writer's conferences.  I've been to a conference at
Trenton State College years ago.  They have one every spring.  I'd like to go this year. I plan to join SCWI early next year, and attend some of their's as well.  I would be in the Eastern PA chapter. Is anyone here from the Philadelphia area?  You guys have the cutest postys. :balloongroup:
#923 - November 13, 2006, 10:54 PM

M W McKen47

Hello, my name is Marion McKenney and I have one book in the preproduction stage.  Currently I am waiting to see my book cover design.  AFter that, I think things are going to go pretty fast. :pencil:  :jump :EmoticonDollar:

I have also written several children's books and am in the process of sending them out for review.  Of course, I have receiv ed several rejection letters.  I'm trying not to let them bother me.  I just keep writing, revising and sending them out again.

I am also an Elementary Education Teacher.

I am married and I have three adult children and two grandsons.
#924 - November 16, 2006, 04:19 PM

Welcome to the board, Marion! :)

Congratulations on the one book, and good luck with the others.

#925 - November 16, 2006, 06:43 PM
"This is your life and you be what you want to be.
Just don't hurt nobody, 'less of course they ask you."

XTC, "Garden of Earthly Delights" (1989)

SarahP

Howdy!

What a terrific resource this board is--thanks in advance to all the writers and readers here who are sharing their experiences and wisdom.

I'm a writer of fantasy and science fiction and an active member of the Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA).  My short stories have appeared in Cicada, Realms of Fantasy, the new anthology Year's Best Paranormal Romance, and lots of other print and online places.  So anyway, I wrote a novel last year, got an agent in July, and the book is out to ten editors as we speak.  The weird thing is, my agent is marketing it NOT to genre publishers like Tor and Del Rey (which is what I expected), but to more mainstream ones like Knopf and Simon & Schuster, so I'm having to re-envision myself as a children's writer while trying to figure out the publishing business from this angle.  And, I'm finding, it's really different!

Personally, I have a PhD in English literature, work full-time at the University of Iowa, am married to a mad scientist, and have two little kids.

Cheers!
#926 - November 23, 2006, 04:06 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
Welcome to the board!

Shirley
#927 - November 23, 2006, 04:50 PM

SarahP

Thanks, ShirleyH!

Sooooo many of my questions have already been answered...
#928 - November 24, 2006, 12:52 PM

Caffeine, please!
Poster Plus
Hello, everyone. :) I'm so excited to have found this place. I've lurked for a while, and have learned so much from all of you.

I'm Carrie, twenty-something, and a bookseller who writes YA fantasy (for the most part). I look forward to getting to know you all better. :)
#929 - November 25, 2006, 11:29 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
Welcome to the board, chibeth!

ShirleyH
#930 - November 25, 2006, 12:27 PM

Members: