SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Introduce yourself!

Discussion started on

lmurph524

Hey everyone,
My name is Linda.
I'm in the process of writing my second YA manuscript. My first is currently being critiqued by some friends. Feedback has been good so far. I'm hoping to get the rest back soon so I can begin rewrites! Patience, Linda, patience.
Anyway, I look forward to all the knowledge that comes form these boards. Any unsolicited advice is always appreciated.
 ;D
I'm always good for a chat to get the juices flowing. yahoo id is the same as this one here.
Good luck to everyone.   :)
#1411 - August 14, 2007, 03:19 PM

Poster Plus
Welcome Newbies.  I still can't believe I was lucky enough to find this site.  The people here are so generous with what they know and are thrilled with each other's success.  You'll love it here. 
#1412 - August 14, 2007, 04:04 PM

Kate_in_AZ

Hi, my name is Kathryn Townsend (Kate) and I've written a YA Fantasy novel that I'm tweaking.

I teach high school English, which I love, and science, about which I'm not quite as thrilled.

I've been enjoying reading this board.  I have to say, I'm quite impressed.

I heard about y'all at the SCBWI conference in LA earlier this month at a session taught by Roxyanne Young.  I'm really glad she mentioned the board, I think I'll learn a lot - and hopefully be able to contribute something as well...
#1413 - August 14, 2007, 05:50 PM

cdb

Welcome, Kate. Lots of great information available here and a supportive community. Best wishes in your endeavors.

Carole
#1414 - August 14, 2007, 05:57 PM

Kate_in_AZ

Thanks Carole
#1415 - August 14, 2007, 06:29 PM

L.N.Lee

Welcome everyone!
#1416 - August 15, 2007, 06:13 AM

ladyeclectic

Welcome to all new people!! Man, we're just global on this board aren't we?   :artist:
#1417 - August 15, 2007, 07:22 AM

Hi! I'm Nell and I'm a YA writer from Canada. I've been lurking on this board for a while and have already learned so much - especially how supportive everyone is here. Right now I'm in waiting mode as my agent submits to publishers and this place has kept me sane. Hope to 'meet' more of my fellow Canucks and the rest of the global village on verla's boards!
#1418 - August 15, 2007, 08:12 AM
THE BREAK, Available Now!
Great Plains Teen Fiction
ILLEGALLY BLONDE
twitter.com/nelsaroberto
http://www.out-of-the-wordwork.blogspot.com

CuInBooks

Hello!  :)   I’ve been a lurker for sometime and finally got my username to work, thanks to Verla.  I had the pleasure of meeting several Blue Boarders at the SCBWI conference earlier this month and hope to meet others at future conferences.

I write mostly YA contemporary fantasy and I’m currently working on revisions based on the critique I had in LA.    :writing3:

Cherie
#1419 - August 15, 2007, 11:19 AM

Cuttlequeep

Welcome, welcome, everyone!
#1420 - August 15, 2007, 03:57 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Office
  • SCBWI Region losangeles
Hi Everyone!

I've been a lurker here for sometime as well.  I write YA and I've just completed my first manuscript.

I have a "day job" as a writer in a televsion documentary production company and I feel incredibly blessed to be able to earn my living from writing.

I look forward to participating in this forum and meeting many of you at future conferences and events.

Cheers,

Laurie
#1421 - August 16, 2007, 12:41 PM

L.N.Lee

Welcome!  :yay
#1422 - August 16, 2007, 01:52 PM

DaisyJane

Hi guys!

My name is Amber. Im in southern california and Im 23 years old. Vegetarian. Kitty lover. Art and puppetry student.

When I was younger I would write short stories for my mom and throughout college I would write essays and stories for my writing classes and won a couple awards.
When I was probably 12 I had some idea for a short story and wrote it in a lined school notebook with pictures and everything. Well, now over 10 years later, I just remembered doing that and realized I was on to something and it was an awesome story.
So Ive decided to try to flesh it out and thats why I joined the board! For support, help, community, etc. :) Im no English Major (Studio Art actually!) but Im going to give it a shot.

Hi everyone! :snail:
#1423 - August 17, 2007, 11:08 AM

ladyeclectic

Heya Daisy! Yay for SoCal residents!! (I'm in the El Centro area) Welcome to the boards, good luck getting your story fleshed out and new ones written!!
 :clover
#1424 - August 17, 2007, 11:15 AM

ColdWolf07

welcome all. it is always good to have another Writer join our ranks
#1425 - August 17, 2007, 04:45 PM

timclifford

Hi, all.

New here, and decided to say hello. I'm a teacher and education writer. I've written a number of children's non-fiction texts and I'm trying to break into YA fiction.

I've been poking around for a bit, and it seems like a nice place. Nice to meet you all!

Tim
#1426 - August 18, 2007, 04:08 PM

Welcome to the board, Tim! :)

#1427 - August 18, 2007, 06:45 PM
"This is your life and you be what you want to be.
Just don't hurt nobody, 'less of course they ask you."

XTC, "Garden of Earthly Delights" (1989)

seaheidi

I'm Heidi. I'm a newbie here, but have a very active livejournal. I recently sold my novel SEA, the story of a California teenager's life-changing three-week adventure at a post-tsunami Indonesian orphanage, to G.P. Putnam's Sons. I love my agent, Sara Crowe from Harvey Klinger. I live in California with my husband and son. I'd love it if you'd visit my live journal and my updated website!

Best of luck with all your writing!

Heidi
(aka: seaheidi)
#1428 - August 21, 2007, 08:36 PM

ladyeclectic

I'm Heidi. I'm a newbie here, but have a very active livejournal. I recently sold my novel SEA, the story of a California teenager's life-changing three-week adventure at a post-tsunami Indonesian orphanage, to G.P. Putnam's Sons. I love my agent, Sara Crowe from Harvey Klinger. I live in California with my husband and son. I'd love it if you'd visit my live journal and my updated website!

Best of luck with all your writing!

Heidi
(aka: seaheidi)

HEIDI!!! *gloms* Glad to have you here finally!  :horse :jump
#1429 - August 22, 2007, 04:57 AM

Mussel Bound

Welcome, all newbies - you've found a great home and will learn a lot.

Heidi, great site and blog, but fyi - your blog isn't linked correctly in here.  I found it when I visited your site, and enjoyed your perspectives on summer and life in general.
Your book sounds wonderful also, what an experience for both your husband, and the young volunteers on which your character is based.

#1430 - August 22, 2007, 11:43 AM

Jaina

Welcome, all you new people.  Thanks for coming out of lurkdom.  Enjoy the board!
#1431 - August 22, 2007, 05:21 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
Welcome everyone!

Heidi, nice to see you over here (I'm sharigreen on livejournal).

And hello to my fellow Canuck, Nell.  :moose

This is an awesome place. I'm sure you'll all enjoy it!
#1432 - August 22, 2007, 11:13 PM
www.sharigreen.com  

MACY MCMILLAN AND THE RAINBOW GODDESS (2017) | ROOT BEER CANDY AND OTHER MIRACLES (2016) | FOLLOWING CHELSEA (2014)

timclifford

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a great place!

Tim
#1433 - August 23, 2007, 10:44 AM

elmarshall

Hey Everyone!!!

I've been on this board for awhile, but haven't posted. So I thought I should finally get active, since I enjoy reading the posts here so much. I've seen alot of you on various other places on the Web, and I'm glad to be in your company.

I write Young Adult books, primarily chick-lit. And I'm subbing my second one to agents and attempting to write my third one.

Best wishes to everyone!!!

Emily
#1434 - August 23, 2007, 01:19 PM

Welcome to the board, Emily! :)

#1435 - August 23, 2007, 06:21 PM
"This is your life and you be what you want to be.
Just don't hurt nobody, 'less of course they ask you."

XTC, "Garden of Earthly Delights" (1989)

L.N.Lee

Welcome!
#1436 - August 25, 2007, 10:38 AM

catephoenix

Hi, my name is Cate and I have the pleasure of joining you all today  :momkid:

I live in England - Liverpool - and though I am not new to writing, I have been writing adult horror for quite a few years and many of my short stories have been published  ;D but none of my novels  :banghead:

I have been writing children's fiction for one whole week and am 8,000 words into what I hope will be a 25,000 ish MG / 8-12, which I am hoping is a suitable length. I wish I had tried children's fiction earlier as, so far, I am really enjoying it.

Cate
#1437 - August 27, 2007, 12:43 AM

L.N.Lee

Hi Cate! Good to have you here! Wow a lot of people from England!
#1438 - August 27, 2007, 05:11 PM

catephoenix

Thanks for the welcome Laura Lee  ;D
#1439 - August 28, 2007, 01:11 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region australiawest
Welcome, Cate (I love your name, by the way). If you've only been writing kidlit for a week and are here already, then you're off to a flying start! Best of luck with your WIP.

Meg
#1440 - August 28, 2007, 02:51 AM

Members: