SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How do I view profiles?

Discussion started on

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Being moved up to member status is not automatic at 50 posts; an administrator has to do it manually, and usually takes a few minutes to check up on each potential new member before making the upgrade.  This is to protect existing members--some pretty nasty stuff in the past necessitated setting things up this way. It may take a bit as we're down a couple of admins and Verla's been pretty busy the last month, so please be patient!
#31 - August 13, 2010, 07:39 AM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Jenn Bertman
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region rmc
No problem. I certainly understand and appreciate this as a safety precaution, and that real live people are volunteering their time to make sure these boards operate smoothly. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't an additional step I was supposed to do that I wasn't aware of.
#32 - August 13, 2010, 08:54 AM
BOOK SCAVENGER, Christy Ottaviano Books/Henry Holt 
THE UNBREAKABLE CODE, April 2017
UNLOCK THE ROCK, 2018
jenniferchamblissbertman.com

Double W Illustrations
Member In Memoriam
Poster Plus
Mine hasn't come through yet either. :( Hopefully soon though!  :smile
#33 - August 13, 2010, 10:14 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
The wedding is finally over and the cake I made was a great success (see how much work I've done on it here...

http://www.verlakay.com/page9/page22/page22.html ) so now I can get back to "normal" things. Our new administrators will be initiated into their jobs soon, too, so there will be more of us to take care of all of you.

Thanks for being patient!

Verla Kay  :flowers2
#34 - August 13, 2010, 10:37 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Double W Illustrations
Member In Memoriam
Poster Plus
Thanks Verla!!!! :)
#35 - August 13, 2010, 10:41 AM

Sherry

What a beautiful wedding cake, Verla!

I'm brand new to your boards and loving it already.

Sherry          :flower
#36 - August 15, 2010, 08:25 PM

Kathy Lawrence

What a beautiful cake. I can just imagine all the work that went into it. You have a really big heart. I watch the cake boss on TLC the whole cake thing really fascinates me. I must have been a baker in my last life. I was at a wedding too at the beginning of August. My nephew Zachary got married to his long time girl friend Lisa. Her wedding dress was out of this world. Well at least she had a nice pleasant look on her face she usually wears a scowl her brother is the same way. Her parents aren't like that. Go figure.
                                                                                                  Kathy :chesirecat
#37 - August 15, 2010, 08:59 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Glad you liked the cake. It took an entire week out of my life, and I was SO relieved when it turned out just the way they wanted it to look... and it tasted good, too, which is even better. (I used real butter in the icing instead of shortening, which is why it has a creamy white look instead of stark white. But it made it taste amazingly wonderful, especially with the fudge frosting in between each layer. Yum!)
#38 - August 15, 2010, 10:22 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Member.
Poster Plus

The cake is beautiful!   It was interesting to see all of the steps and all the work it took to put it together. What a labor of love.  I'm sure your grandson and his new wife will never forget their wedding cake.   
Loved the beach theme.
~nan

#39 - August 16, 2010, 04:20 AM
Neil Armstrong is My Uncle & Other Lies Muscle Man McGinty Told Me/Roaring Brook Press/2009
Hiding Out at the Pancake Palace/Roaring Brook/April 2013

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Thanks, njrm. A beach theme was what they wanted, so that's what I gave them.
#40 - August 16, 2010, 06:46 AM
Verla Kay

Owl Princess
Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
You're such a talented cake designer, Verla! What a lot of work!
#41 - August 16, 2010, 08:37 AM
ANTIQUE PIANO & OTHER SOUR NOTES
http://decoowlpress.com

Barb  :owl

Blog: http://owlsquill.blogspot.com

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
 :wow You did such a fantastic job on that cake, Verla!  I loved the video you shared, and got chills seeing the entire cake put together. 
#42 - August 16, 2010, 08:40 AM

tamigirl

WOW!!! That cake is amazing! Gorgeous! What a labor of love. The step by step was wonderful. Esp. the pan that didn't quite fit in the oven!
#43 - August 16, 2010, 08:53 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
Truly awesome cake, Verla!  All the special details make it even more memorable.  How blessed your grandson and his wife are to have a grandmother who loves them so much.  Thanks for sharing with us.
#44 - August 19, 2010, 08:12 PM

Members: