SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Unread Posts

Discussion started on

I've vowed not to spend much time online until I finish the next draft of my current WIP but the bummer is that I now have tons of unread posts. I'd like to read them but I don't have time to scan through all of them in one sitting.  Is there a way to mark them as unread so that they'll still be there the next time I check my unread posts page? (I hope that makes sense!)

#1 - August 23, 2007, 12:51 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
If you don't mark them as "read" they will stay unread until you do.  Of course, that means there will be even more next time you look at them.... 
#2 - August 23, 2007, 01:04 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Hmmm... I've never marked them as "read" but they always disappear the next time I log on. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh, great. I just found the "marked as read" button and now I've erased 33 pages of unread messages! Oh dear. We'll, I'd still like to know for the future how to keep them marked as unread for the next time I log on. THANKS.
#3 - August 23, 2007, 01:14 PM
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 01:17 PM by Laura W. »

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Hmmmm, is right. I've never seen that happen.  It must be something in your browser settings.
#4 - August 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Shoot! Does anyone else have this problem?
#5 - August 23, 2007, 01:19 PM

I wonder if I have a similar "problem".   My 'unread posts' do not accumulate from one login to another.  I have used the 'mark as unread button' and the thread will not appear on my next login.
But I haven't stressed (until now) because I just hunt down what I'm looking for and try to scan all the new posts when I am on.

I wonder if it is my browser or my settings. 
Maybe I should spend my time writing instead of trying to solve this.   ;)
#6 - August 24, 2007, 07:02 AM
Sarah Blake Johnson, MFA
http://sarahblakejohnson.blogspot.com/
Crossings (2017, Cedar Fort)

Pickles

They dont' accumulate for me either. The older ones, if not read, just sort of fall off.
#7 - August 24, 2007, 07:14 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
I think I've figured it out.

First, hit "show unread posts since last visit."  That gives you the list of what's new since your last visit (duh).

THEN down at the bottom right corner of the list of unread since last visit, there's another button that says something like "show all unread posts."

See if this helps.
#8 - August 25, 2007, 01:59 PM
VAMPIRINA IN THE SNOW (Disney-Hyperion, 2018)
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Members: