SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Trying to add a jpeg picture

Discussion started on

Zixi

My profile shows a question mark where my picture should be. There is nothing on my profile page that allows me to try to erase the question mark or add something different in its place. I tried to put a photo there, but got the question mark instead.

Help please!
#1 - September 18, 2007, 09:10 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
I got rid of the question mark for you by going to 'no pic' on your profile. 

You should be able to add a picture from the profile page, as well.  Go to profile, then Forum Profile Information, and upload a picture where it says 'I will upload my own . . .'

AM
#2 - September 18, 2007, 09:32 AM
VAMPIRINA IN THE SNOW (Disney-Hyperion, 2018)
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Jaina

Zixi, the question mark shows up when the file chosen is not loading.  In your case, it looks like you chose one of the pictures that come with this forum.  I don't know if those actually work (they may be old/out of date).  Verla pays to use this kind of forum, but we don't have too much control over the big settings that come from the top.

I think most people use photos they've uploaded.  Found on the net (like mine) or from their own computer.

Also, if you have a file you want to upload as your picture, make sure your file size isn't too big.  Too big files just won't load and then you'll get a question mark again, probably.

Let me know if you need more help!
#3 - September 18, 2007, 09:34 AM

Jaina

Sorry, cross-posted with AM!
#4 - September 18, 2007, 09:34 AM

susandawn

This is the closest question I can find to the one I have. I know how to attach the jpeg file to my profile. How do you paste on into the message itself?

I have used the "Insert image" icon, but when I try to 'paste' my picture it doesn't work. Any solutions?

Thanks much!
#5 - October 16, 2007, 10:06 AM

Jaina

Testing . . .
#6 - October 16, 2007, 10:45 AM

Jaina

If you can see a picture above, the test was successful.

For you to insert a picture into a post, you have to use the "insert image" button and put the URL for your online image in between the little brackety things.

If you have an image file you want to upload and attach to your post, you have to use the "Additional Options" thing at the bottom of the "Reply" form and choose "attach," I believe.  For a while, this feature was turned off because of spammers.
#7 - October 16, 2007, 10:47 AM

susandawn

Thanks Jaina for answering my:

[attachment deleted by admin]
#8 - October 16, 2007, 10:51 AM

susandawn

Yay! It worked!  Thanks so much!
#9 - October 16, 2007, 10:52 AM

Members: