SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Another Highlights question

Discussion started on

This may be a stupid question, but I have two ready-to-go activities that I'd like to submit to Highlights. One is 250 wds the other 280 wds.  Do I need to send them separately even though they would both go to the same editor?  One short letter cover could introduce both more quickly for the editor than two different submissions. But is that a "no-no"? 
#1 - January 29, 2008, 12:43 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
I think you could probably send them both together.  I know they don't mind if you send poems together.

AM
#2 - January 29, 2008, 12:49 PM
VAMPIRINA IN THE SNOW (Disney-Hyperion, 2018)
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Thanks.  I'm actually trying to save the editor time and prevent redundancy in the cover letter.  I'll give it a try. 
#3 - January 29, 2008, 12:58 PM

Poster Plus
I agree with Anne Marie.  As with poems, they don't mind receiving a few crafts at one time, so I bet the same is true of your pieces...especially since activities are on their "Wish List" right now.

Best wishes to you!

ETA:  And, NO, your question isn't stupid at all!!
#4 - January 30, 2008, 08:55 AM

Thanks to you both.  They are now signed, sealed and dropped in the mail.  I thought I'd increase my odds by sticking with the wish list! Only time will tell now. 
#5 - January 30, 2008, 10:03 AM

C. Lee

I'll keep my fingers crossed, sis.

Lee
#6 - January 30, 2008, 10:10 AM

Maybe your luck (I hate that word--because I know a lot of blood, sweat and tears were involved!) will rub off on me!   :hug    Feel free to critique that sentence to your heart's desire!
#7 - January 30, 2008, 03:47 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newjersey
I have several poems I'm thinking of submitting. Anyone know what is a reasonable number to submit at once? Laurie
#8 - January 30, 2008, 04:51 PM
Laurie Wallmark
lauriewallmark.com
Hedy Lamarr's Double Life
Grace Hopper: Queen of Computer Code
Ada Byron Lovelace and the Thinking Machin

Gabby

Five or less
#9 - January 30, 2008, 07:32 PM

Members: