SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Full Membership

Discussion started on

Counting down until May 16, 2020!
Member.
Poster Plus
I know I probably shouldn't be asking this, but it I have had over 50 posts and been a member here for 2 months.  Is there anything that is holding me back from being a full member?  I know that you get asked this question a lot, but I am really looking forward to my full membership.  Thanks!
#1 - February 17, 2008, 02:39 PM
PM me anytime!
www.alliesakowicz.com

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
There are many things that determine full membership status, FutureDoctor, and having a certain number of posts is actually the least of the criteria.  Administrators look for mature, responsible posters -- people who have contributed substantially to the quality of posts on this board. It's not at all unusual for people to wait a year... or in some cases even two years before they become "full" members.  In spite of what some people might say (jokingly, of course,) there are NO free pony rides, NO water slides, and NO secret doors leading to contracts with agents and editors once you reach "full member" status. My advice is to not worry about it. It's not a big thing, really.  Just learn all you can from everyone on the board, and share what you have learned with others on the board. Improve your writing and enjoy being with us. We are certainly enjoying having someone as young as you that is as mature as you are showing yourself to be on our board!  There are not many 13-year-olds that are as dedicated to writing as you are.  Keep it up and you will be writing rings around all of us one of these days.  :star2 :woo :star2
#2 - February 17, 2008, 02:55 PM
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:59 PM by Verla Kay »
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Counting down until May 16, 2020!
Member.
Poster Plus
Thanks, Verla.  I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong that held me back from the "Full Member" status!
#3 - February 18, 2008, 08:04 AM
PM me anytime!
www.alliesakowicz.com

Members: