SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

I have an outline!

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
ScriptFrenzy starts in a few days and I've been panicked. I'm adapting a novel and I just couldn't get going on the restructure. I knew the SP could not open the same way as the novel--it's too internal.

But last night I finished reading The Screenwriter's Bible and immediately read a couple other sites on screenplays--all with varying suggestions--all helpful, then sat on my bed with my notecards that outlined my novel and started throwing out as many cards as I could.

When I was done, I had fifteen cards of essential plot points and was able to make an outline for the screen version! And it worked! I had to rearrange some scenes and make a minor character bigger so that my MC could talk to her instead of having internal, but I think it's gonna work!

I was dancing arouond at 2 a.m. and thinking--I'm reading to write this thing!  :dance
#1 - March 27, 2008, 07:19 AM
Author of iPad apps, MG books, and women's fiction

MaudeStephany

That's great TexasGirl... I wish I could say the same for my own writing today.. .it's taking a bit of a beating with my family stress I'm under... I won't be doing ScriptFrenzy this year...maybe next.

Maude  :frog
#2 - March 28, 2008, 09:10 AM

Virginia Bartolus

I just started panicking today, when I realized that Script Frenzy starts in less than 48 hours.  :hiding

Notecards? An outline? You're ready:yippee
#3 - March 29, 2008, 06:56 AM

That's awesome!  :yourock
I'm feeling a little "ACK!" over the whole thing. I'm still revising the novel that is begging to become a script and I may need to press on with my revisions instead of jumping into ScriptFrenzy this month. Then I have another idea for a script that I've been meaning to write, maybe I'll just dabble a bit with that one? One hundred pages sounds pretty doable after doing Shocktober Fastdrafting here on the blueboards - but then, I've never written a script before!
Like I said: "ACK!"
#4 - March 29, 2008, 07:02 AM
BLAZE, REAL PROM QUEENS OF WESTFIELD HIGH, GRAFFITI GIRL / Sourcebooks 2013, 2014, 2017
ADRENALINE CRUSH / FSG 2014, SqFish 2016
lboylecrompton.com

Members: