SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How are the Script Frenzies doing?

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
Did you all end up starting? Did anyone drop out? How is it going?

I'm LOVING it! Whew! No description! No internal! Just words and places and action and go go go go! It's great fun!

I'm on p. 30 and my length is actually running within 2 pages of the outline--so I'm hoping not to go long (my greatest fear is a 200 page script I have to cut in half). 70 pages to go!

Go Screnzies go!  :cheerleader
#1 - April 04, 2008, 02:53 PM
Author of iPad apps, MG books, and women's fiction

AllyCowee

I'm still in, but my subject matter is research heavy, and I'm also trying to finish my wip to get to my agent. Only the end of the month will tell how the story ends  :duel

Good luck all!
#2 - April 04, 2008, 04:20 PM

Virginia Bartolus

I haven't given up, but I keep putting it off. All I have so far is a stack of notecard scenes and five pages. But hey, that leaves only 95 more pages to write!  :bananadance
#3 - April 06, 2008, 01:08 PM

Go Screnzies!  :cheerleader
Unfortunately I'm cheering from the sidelines since I'm rolling with revisions on my WIP. I don't multi-task well, so my jump into screenwriting will need to wait.  :waiting
#4 - April 06, 2008, 05:29 PM
BLAZE, REAL PROM QUEENS OF WESTFIELD HIGH, GRAFFITI GIRL / Sourcebooks 2013, 2014, 2017
ADRENALINE CRUSH / FSG 2014, SqFish 2016
lboylecrompton.com

Chris_YAandFilm

Revisions for my thesis - a screenplay - are due this Friday so I'm out.

Something tells me having a month to write is way better than a week to revise. But all I need to do is satisify my thesis committee, although I'm having trouble figuring out if its better to do that or keep the story true to the characters. Maybe I just need more sleep and chocolate.

Wish me luck.

And be sure to address the dramatic question - I guess mine isn't clear enough yet.  :banghead

Writing for me is like the football is to Charlie Brown. It's right there and yet we always fall. (Yes, i definetly need some chocolate.)  :boxing
#5 - April 06, 2008, 11:51 PM
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:50 PM by Chris_YAandFilm »

Chris_YAandFilm

No, I'm in a MFA program. I did think about film school, but my love for YA drove me in the writing direction.

I still think I'd like to be a filmmaker - maybe even create my own TV show, but writing is my first love.

Back to revisions. Ignore the Wii, ignore the wii.
#6 - April 07, 2008, 07:54 PM

tgseale

I'm cheering you guys on from the sidelines too.  Go go go go go go!!!
 :cheerleader
#7 - April 08, 2008, 07:20 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
Ignore the Wii, ignore the wii.

Now, if they could make screenwriting software compatible with the Wii, THAT would be progress!  :taz
#8 - April 08, 2008, 07:51 PM

Chris_YAandFilm

Not to mention awesome.

But we can consider time spent on the Wii as research, right?

Wow! Snoopy is now a smiley -  :snoopy
#9 - April 10, 2008, 04:06 PM

saundramitchell

I'm all done. I wrote a terrible movie, and a pretty good episodic pilot. Movie goes in the dumper, episodic gets a polish, but really, y'all. I just wanted the badge.  :moose
#10 - April 27, 2008, 08:45 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region austin
Hooray for finishing!

I got done with mine on the 18th and have been editing it for Nicholl's competition, which is due Wednesday. I had a live reading last week (which was painful and awful and I almost quit) but muscled through some alterations and will be sending it off tomorrow. Today it got passed on through a friend to a director.

And...I started a second one.

I'm hooked.
#11 - April 27, 2008, 07:20 PM

Members: