SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

ASK (and Carus in general)

Discussion started on

wheelertop

I finally got on Ask's list of writers that they send out requests for queries to. I was so excited. But now the editor who maintains that list has emailed that she has resigned, and to "see the website" for information on submissions and queries.  So I guess that means I'm back to square one? The website still just says for science writers to send writing samples to "editor."

Is something going on at Carus? I had some things published with their bug mags about 8 years ago, then took a hiatus, and now I"m writing again. I haven't had any success this round. Actually, it's not even that. I sent stuff to them about 8 months ago that they still haven't responded to. Is anybody having success with them? Are they having problems?
#1 - May 27, 2008, 06:08 AM

I'm not sure about Ask, but the Cricket Group has moved its editorial offices from Peru, IL to Chicago during your time away, and gone through some major editorial staff changes. According to reported response times here on the board, it appears they are moving pretty slowly right now, but are still accepting manuscripts and encourage submissions. The new individual mag websites are expected to be up and running the end of this month, so perhaps we'll know more at that time.
#2 - May 27, 2008, 10:57 PM
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 11:00 PM by Lenzi »

Avvy

I received the same (disappointing) e-mail. Just when you get to know someone and enjoy working with them, things change. I was wondering the same thing, if we would need to reestablish ourselves with a new editor and/or submit resumes and writing samples again. I'm hoping they will just send out future notices using the "old" author e-mail list.

If I was braver, I would e-mail and ask. But I'm a big old  :chicken

#3 - May 28, 2008, 02:38 PM

wheelertop

ha! Yeah, I'm a  :chicken too!  Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and do it tomorrow.

I hope the delay is just about their restructuring/ new website and stuff. They are such fabulous magazines (I even love Babybug for my little one!)

#4 - May 28, 2008, 07:23 PM

Members: