SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

historical end notes

Discussion started on

SaraheBarthel

I'm begining to work on my author's note at the end of my new novel and I'm having insane writer's block.  Can anyone suggest some books with great historical notes at the end.  I plan to visit the library and just read though some, but having a list to start with will be helpful.

Thanks!
Sarah
  :bangcomputer
#1 - September 15, 2008, 09:33 PM

SaraheBarthel

:oops

I am a boob and didn't see the other post about this.  Sorry for the brain delay--it's late.
#2 - September 15, 2008, 09:35 PM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Sarah,
NUMBER THE STARS has an Afterward that serves as a terrific author's note by Lois Lowry. I'm interested in the other posts as well, because I need to do the same for my MG historical.
Jean
#3 - September 16, 2008, 09:24 AM
Jean Reidy
Coming soon: Pup 681, Truman, When the Snow is Deeper Than My Boots Are Tall, Group Hug , Specs and Specs II.
Others at www.jeanreidy.com

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region epa
This isn't exactly what you asked, but I've been making a list as I'm writing so I don't have to start from scratch.  Also, without looking, I believe Laura Halse Anderson's Fever 1793 has good notes.

anita
#4 - September 16, 2008, 09:47 AM

I found great notes in Christopher Paul Curtis', Elijah of Buxton.

-L
#5 - September 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
Unsinkable
A Bond Broken
Cassi da Conch

FairDamsel

Sarah,

Shelley Pearsall has thorough and informative historical notes at the end of Crooked River.
#6 - October 11, 2008, 08:43 PM

Sarah Miller

Can I be conceited and suggest Miss Spitfire:whistle

I also enjoyed the notes at the end of Al Capone Does My Shirts. She even commented on the weather at Alacatraz during the year the story is set.
#7 - October 12, 2008, 05:57 AM

Members: