SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Your favorite manga artist?

Discussion started on

The Get-Up Kid

Shiro Amano, who illustrated the Kingdom Hearts manga as well as The World Ends With You manga, is a personal favorite of mine. Hiromu Arakawa, of Full Metal Alchemist fame is also a great artists.

Do you have any personal favorites?
#1 - November 17, 2008, 02:36 PM

xRainyDarknessx

Oh, I have 20 million favorites. Gosh, I can't choose! I love Hiromu Arakawa too, Fullmetal Alchemist rocks! I'm addicted to manga.
#2 - January 27, 2009, 10:07 AM

The Get-Up Kid

Oh, I have 20 million favorites. Gosh, I can't choose! I love Hiromu Arakawa too, Fullmetal Alchemist rocks! I'm addicted to manga.

Me too! Prinny, d00d.
#3 - March 09, 2009, 10:16 AM

MaryWitzl

Makoto Kobayashi, hands down. I used to love his cat manga, 'What's Michael?'  Great artist, clever writer.
#4 - March 09, 2009, 10:34 AM

The Get-Up Kid

Revisiting this topic after a long time, and I've got many new favorites! Currently addicted to One Piece and the new Fullmetal Alchemist anime that strictly follows the manga's storyline! What a treat!
#5 - November 11, 2009, 09:22 AM

MaryWitzl

My kids are all totally addicted to Full Metal Alchemist. They love everything about it -- the theme song, the characters, the premise. Bleach was another favorite of theirs, but last year it was supplanted by FMA.
#6 - December 06, 2009, 09:11 AM

kazdreamer

I haven't read a great deal of Manga, but I like what I *have* read.

Sang-Sun Park's THE TAROT CAFE is easily my favourite. Love it! :)
#7 - December 06, 2009, 09:15 AM

MaryWitzl

Yuu Watase (Fushigi Yuugi) and Katsura Hoshino -- both great manga artists according to my kids.  I just go along for the ride. I'll stick with Makoto Kobayashi, though his new stuff isn't as good (in my opinion) as his 'What's Michael?' cat manga series. 

#8 - December 06, 2009, 09:34 AM

The Get-Up Kid

My kids are all totally addicted to Full Metal Alchemist. They love everything about it -- the theme song, the characters, the premise. Bleach was another favorite of theirs, but last year it was supplanted by FMA.

Tite Kubo does Bleach. It's another favorite of mine, despite the insults hardcore manga fans often hurl at it.
#9 - December 11, 2009, 09:20 PM

Poster Plus
Go Nagai. Yes, I'm showing my age here...
#10 - December 29, 2009, 11:09 PM

pretty pink princess poster
Poster Plus
Mia Ikumi!!!  :smile
#11 - December 29, 2009, 11:45 PM
PBU
http://wwwpamcalvert.blogspot.com/p/picture-book-university.html

Brianna Bright Ballerina Knight series

Princess Peepers
Multiplying Menace

Members: