SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

TH3 R3V13WS, dood!

Discussion started on

The Get-Up Kid

Hey, guys! I'm new to this forum, and I have a question or two. First question: Are there any limits to how long the reviews can be, and second: is there a review format that's used here, or can it be done in an original format created by the writer?

On my LiveJournal, I started a blog filled with reviews of music, video games, movies, and books! I will soon be updating this topic with book reviews, but if you'd like to check out my journal, it's in my sig.
#1 - April 14, 2009, 10:16 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
There's no set limit, but think reasonable. :)  Maybe a couple of hundred words or so.  No specific format.  Children's and YA books only, please.
#2 - April 14, 2009, 10:59 AM
VAMPIRINA BALLERINA series (Disney-Hyperion)
SUNNY'S TOW TRUCK SAVES THE DAY (Abrams)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

The Get-Up Kid

There's no set limit, but think reasonable. :)  Maybe a couple of hundred words or so.  No specific format.  Children's and YA books only, please.

Sounds good :)
#3 - April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
You might want to take a look at some of the other reviews that have been posted to get an idea. The reason that Verla added this section (and how it differs from the Book Talk section) is that she wanted librarians, booksellers, and Joe Book Buyers to be able to get the lowdown on new books--including basic plot (without spoilers) and the reviewer's opinion of the book--without inviting actual back-and-forth discussions about books.

Hope that helps!
#4 - April 14, 2009, 07:34 PM
FLYING THE DRAGON (Charlesbridge, 2012)
A LONG PITCH HOME (Charlesbridge, 2016)

www.nataliediaslorenzi.com
http://bibliolinks.wordpress.com/

Members: