BE CAREFUL WHEN POSTING HERE, Folks!

Discussion started on

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
This board is for original messages and links to other wonderful conversations elsewhere on the internet. It's not a place to post excerpts from your blogs. Always use the "What Did You Blog About Today" section of the board to post your blog URL and send people to your blogs when you want them to read what's in one of your blogs. Even *I* do not take advantage of the board to post my blog messages here. If all of us starting posting blogs messages here, this board would crash and burn from overload! :ahh  Thanks, folks! :grouphug2
#1 - June 21, 2009, 09:39 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

m_stiefvater

Good to know -- specially since I think I just did what you're talking about. You mean to not crosspost, right, just to link out? I'm just clarifying because on the last huge artists' forum I was at, they really frowned on links that took you outside the board and would smack you about the face and neck if you didn't just cross-post.

#2 - June 21, 2009, 05:35 PM

Reader, reader, reader...
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
Here, we love links ;)  Funny how every board is different, huh!  So yes, definitely put a link to your blog post and then everyone can click and read -- thanks!
#3 - June 21, 2009, 05:38 PM
Robin
Unspun: A Collection of Tattered Fairy Tales: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BSR6CPJ/

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Well, now, sheesh.  I'm confused.  What if  you blog about something that is pertinent to this writing community -- and simply copy/paste rather than rewrite?  For the "blog today" section, I'd say, well, I blogged about my kid stuffing her nose with Cheerios.  But I might feel inspired to post a lenghty musing on the revision process in the "writing" section, but a musing that I also posted to my blog.  Is that what is not okay?

I'm curious and hoping not to step on toes!
#4 - June 21, 2009, 05:44 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
Hi Jenna, It is my understanding that a link should be provided in the what did you blog about today section.

Verla might clarify next time she checks here.
#5 - June 21, 2009, 06:08 PM
PAINLESS (Albert Whitman 2015)
BLOOD BROTHERS (Delacorte 2007)

Uber Sparkly Poster
Poster Plus
I think (though Verla could correct me) that if you think what you've blogged about is pertinent to this community, too, you're welcome to post on the same TOPIC, but just spin it in the form that best suits a message board- as a question or discussion, likely in short form, rather than a more article-like blog entry.  Would that be right, Verla?
#6 - June 21, 2009, 06:35 PM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Gotcha.  That makes sense, to spin it in a shorter form for that particular discussion thread here.  And of course, a link....thanks!
#7 - June 22, 2009, 06:17 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Right!  You got it. :moose
#8 - June 22, 2009, 10:56 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Members: