SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

New Member Orientation

Discussion started on

ladylind

Crew,

Is there a member orientation that explains stars, pming, laminated posters and so forth?  I have been sort of stumbling on bits and pieces here and there, but wonder if there was an email or full orientation posting that I missed.  Or maybe it is suppose to be a thriller/mystery that makes you bite your fingernails trying to figure out how you fit in and how it all ends :redbaron.

That's all.

Ladylind
#1 - July 31, 2009, 06:19 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region dakotas
See here: http://www.verlakay.com/boards/index.php?topic=35574.0

I think you have to be a member (around 50 posts, but posts in some areas like good news--congratulations, etc.--don't count towards that) to be able to send personal messages. Not sure, but I think people can still send pms to you before then.

But hey, if you found out whodunnit, let us know!
#2 - July 31, 2009, 06:51 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Not sure, but I think people can still send pms to you before then.

You can! I recently PMd a newcomer (forgetting of course that they couldn't PM me back!  :oops). And :welcome ladylind!
#3 - July 31, 2009, 07:24 AM

agoodwin

Welcome! I asked about the stars last night. People have been able to PM me even when I can't PM them back. If I need to respond, I usually click on the envelope or the world below their name. Everyone seems to have a snappy website or in the least an email address that works. I do wonder if putting your webmail/email address causes SPAM problems. I'd love to hear what people have experienced. 
Amy (Newbie)
#4 - July 31, 2009, 09:24 AM

Members: