SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Picture trouble

Discussion started on

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
I'm having trouble uploading a pic for my avatar.  I have it resized to 100x150 pixels, I get the location in the right place, but when I click change profile, nothing happens.  Is it still too big?  Am I doing something else wrong?  Help!  :gaah
#1 - August 12, 2009, 08:52 AM
KISS ME KILL YOU (Entangled Crave, June 12, 2017)
@lchardesty all over the internet

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
I don't know what the maximum dimensions are, Larissa, but I just checked the size of my avatar and it's 75 x 97, so maybe try making yours smaller and see if that solves the problem.

Best wishes
#2 - August 12, 2009, 08:33 PM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
Thanks, Ev!  Verla PMed me with her email and said she'd try to get it done for me. 

I am about to embark on a perilous journey (grocery store run with three kids 6 and under), so if it's not up when I get back, I will try making it smaller. :thankyou
#3 - August 13, 2009, 07:21 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
The resolution was too high. (180 or something like that.) I changed it to 72 resolution in PhotoShop and now it works perfectly. I'm also emailing the smaller resolution photo to you so you can use again if you need to.

Glad I could work this out for you,

Verla Kay
#4 - August 13, 2009, 09:26 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
 :thankyou :thankyou :thankyou :bluebunny  You rock, Verla!  :smile
#5 - August 13, 2009, 09:30 AM

I'm trying to upload a new photo of myself... keep adding one from "browse".. but there doesn't seem to be a place to actually upload it. When I hit "change profile" it doesn't do anything (though it got rid of the photo that I had been using before.) This is about the fourth time I've changed photos and I've never had this problem before. Any ideas?
#6 - August 26, 2009, 12:24 PM

Never mind! I got it... just played around with the dimensions and it finally took.
#7 - August 26, 2009, 03:33 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Hooray, cindoh. Glad you got it working. (It's a great photo, too.) Most of the time that's exactly what the problem is... a photo is too large to fit into the avatar space. It's limited to 100 KB. Anything larger than that won't upload.
#8 - August 27, 2009, 10:10 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Members: