SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Follow Up Option?

Discussion started on

RosettaStone

I looked at other threads in this subforum, but didn't see anything similar -

Is there a way to subscribe to threads if there's a particular conversation you want to recieve email notification on if someone adds a posting?
Or is there already such an option available and I'm just not seeing it when I click onto threads?
#1 - October 28, 2009, 03:36 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
That option has been disabled. For some reason it was not working properly and Verla would receive the email notifications, too.

You could post on a thread you are interested in following and then when you visit the board click on "new replies to your posts."
#2 - October 28, 2009, 07:28 PM
PAINLESS (Albert Whitman 2015)
BLOOD BROTHERS (Delacorte 2007)

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Those options had to be turned off, Rosalind, because when they were on, *I* received a duplicate notification of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who requested notification. With over 2000 subscribers to this message board, my email box was overflowing with notifications and I couldn't find any way to stop them without turning them off entirely for the entire board. Sorry for the inconvenience.... :(
#3 - October 28, 2009, 07:30 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
:dr I see you and I posted at the same time, Shirley. Thanks for helping me explain it.
#4 - October 28, 2009, 07:30 PM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

RosettaStone

Thank you both for replying and letting me know I'm not completely off my rocker! :D
#5 - October 29, 2009, 05:52 PM

Members: