SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Can the formatting options and the animated icons be reversed?

Discussion started on

TimeTravel

There are so many animated icons that in order to use formatting you have to scroll WAAAAAY up to get to the formatting options.  Is there a way that they can be reversed, so that the formatting options are directly above the posting box?

And is there a way to turn the animated icons off altogether for folks who don't use them?  I'm far too easily distracted!  :D

Thanks!
#1 - January 10, 2010, 08:51 PM

anlyledo

Hi there!  I don't know about switching stuff, hopefully a Mod can answer that for you, but you can turn off the smiley display by going into your profile, into Look and layout options on the side menu, and then changing that setting.  :smile
#2 - January 10, 2010, 09:02 PM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
Sorry. I can't reverse them.

However after you turn off the smileys you won't need to scroll for the formatting. :)

#3 - January 10, 2010, 09:12 PM
PAINLESS (Albert Whitman 2015)
BLOOD BROTHERS (Delacorte 2007)

TimeTravel

Hallelujah!  Thanks so much!
#4 - January 10, 2010, 09:17 PM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
You can still use the smileys you particularly like if you write down their codes, TimeTravel. To see the codes, just turn the smileys on and in a reply, click on the ones you would like to have codes for. They will show up with a colon in front of a name. (Like the following example, only without a space between the colon and the name of the smiley.) : yay   If you type that into your message without the space, it comes up in your message like this --  :yay

Two rules about smileys:  There cannot be any spaces inside the code and there MUST be a space just before the colon and just after the code. If you type something that "touches" the code at the end, or at the beginning, it will look like this -- :oopsHmmm  Hmmm:oops instead of like this :oops

:moose
#5 - January 13, 2010, 06:59 PM
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 07:02 PM by Verla Kay »
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Members: