Puzzlemania closed to submissions

Discussion started on

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region cencal
In response to my email submission 1/18/10 I received an automated email stating:

"Thank you for your interest in Puzzlemania.  At this time we are no longer accepting puzzle submissions.  However, any puzzles you have sent by January 8, 2010, will be reviewed, and you will hear from us within several weeks."

Too bad!  I've sold them two puzzles in the past year and they have two more under consideration.  Looks like I'll have to find another home for the one I just tried to submit. 
#1 - January 18, 2010, 09:10 PM
Rebecca Langston-George
The Women's Rights Movement: Then and Now
Capstone: January, 2018

JuliePgh

I was wondering if something was going on there.  I've been waiting to hear back since I submitted in October.  They used to be quicker with turn-around.  I'm wondering if this is a temporary thing while they get caught up.  Any thoughts?
#2 - February 03, 2010, 10:52 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region cencal
I sent work in October also and haven't heard.  Judging by past experience, I'd say a wait this long is typical and we should both be hearing back soon.  :goodluck
#3 - February 03, 2010, 06:33 PM
Rebecca Langston-George

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region cencal
I'm bumping this thread up to see if anyone has heard from Puzzlemania lately.  Since getting the message I listed up above I've heard nothing from pieces subbed back in October '09.    Anyone else heard from them?
#4 - April 20, 2010, 06:07 PM
Rebecca Langston-George

JuliePgh

I haven't heard either.  Sort of forgot about them.  You can contact them at this point if you'd like.  This is VERY long for them.  I might contact them in another few weeks (busy with other stuff at the moment).  Good luck!
#5 - April 21, 2010, 07:42 PM

JuliePgh

I take it no one else here has heard back yet either.  I've sent a question off to a Highlights editor, asking what to do, as I get the same automated response from Puzzlemania each time I send a status check.  I'll let you know what happens.
#6 - July 29, 2010, 07:27 AM

Double W Illustrations
Member In Memoriam
Poster Plus
Any news on this guys???
#7 - December 28, 2010, 09:51 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI RA
  • SCBWI Region cencal
I met the Puzzlemania editor at a Highlights workshop this summer.  She said they are not currently in need of any work. 
#8 - December 29, 2010, 03:22 PM
Rebecca Langston-George

Members: