SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Canadian Kidlit Bloggers?

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region canadaeast
  • SCBWI PAL
New!
Hi, fellow Canucks  :giddyup <---Is that a Mountie?

My early chapter book, KEEP OUT!, is being released in Canada next month. For now, Chapters has elected to only distribute KEEP OUT! in brick-and-mortar stores in the Atlantic Provinces (although it's available on-line everywhere else) but, with this added roadblock, I could REALLY use some help getting the word out in the hopes that they will eventually change their minds.

If you are a Canadian with a kidlit oriented blog/twitter and or facebook, I would LOVE to hear from you.

I am organizing a "Read>Review>Release" blog tour where, essentially, I will send each blogger a copy of KEEP OUT! and ask that you READ the book, REVIEW it on Amazon, Chapters, Goodreads and/or tweet or facebook about it, then RELEASE it into the wild to another reader who can do the same. This "Read>Review>Release" is, as you may have guessed, a play on "Reduce/Reuse/Recycle" and "Catch and Release", in keeping with KEEP OUT!'s environmental theme.

On my end, of course I will be blogging/tweeting/facebooking up a storm and propogating your links,which will hopefully send virtual traffic your way.

You can learn more about KEEP OUT! and view my BRAND SPANKING NEW trailer here: http://www.heleneboudreau.com/?p=1127

So, if you're a Canadian kidlit blogger and would like to participate, please let me know! I would REALLY appreciate your help. :smile
#1 - March 19, 2010, 04:49 AM
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:58 AM by Hélène Boudreau »
www.heleneboudreau.com

Author of the REAL MERMAIDS tween series, RED DUNE ADVENTURES chapter book series, I DARE YOU NOT TO YAWN (2013) and more.

Members: