SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

cricket magazine

Discussion started on

prairiegirl

Hi All;

Does anyone here know the name of the Submissions Editor for Cricket? I usually try to send submissions that show I've done my homework! If I can't find it, is it professional to say "Dear Editor"?  Thanks.  :snoopy
#1 - May 08, 2010, 11:15 AM

Submissions addressed to the Submission Editor will be given to the appropriate editor.  :clover
#2 - May 08, 2010, 12:19 PM
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:06 PM by Lenzi »

It's Lonnie Plecha.

-Marcia
#3 - May 08, 2010, 01:17 PM
Author of over 100 nonfiction books and 500 magazine articles for young readers

GailHennessey

May-May has recently left Spider. No official new editor has been selected as of yet.
Gail
http://www.gailhennessey.com
#4 - May 12, 2010, 04:52 AM

prairiegirl

#5 - May 26, 2010, 08:36 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newjersey
Anyone know the average time it takes for Cricket to send out contributor's copies these days? I had a poem in the May/June issue  and another in in the July/August issue of Ladybug. Just wondering how much longer I'll be waiting so see them. TIA!
#6 - July 26, 2010, 04:59 AM
www.andriawarmflashrosenbaum.com
Twitter: @andriawrose
Trains Don't Sleep, HMH 2017
Big Sister, Little Monster, Scholastic Press, 2017

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newjersey
I've always received my contributor copies right on time - i.e. the month they appear.   Payment, on the other other hand, is always months later.  I'm still waiting on payment for poems that appeared in October and November/December of 2009.   Maybe I should give them a call?
#7 - July 26, 2010, 05:35 AM
http://laurasassitales.wordpress.com/
Twitter:  @laurasassitales
GOODNIGHT ARK
 GOODNIGHT MANGER
LOVE IS KIND
 DIVA DELORES & THE OPERA HOUSE MOUSE

Both the Carus and Cobblestone contributor copies are now being sent directly from the warehouse instead of from the editorial offices as they used to be, so they are taking longer. It's a new system so I'm not sure exactly how long it will be. But it seems like you should have received your May/Junes by now, so you may want to call about those.

Marcia
#8 - July 26, 2010, 06:24 AM
Author of over 100 nonfiction books and 500 magazine articles for young readers

Members: