SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

How to change my screen name?

Discussion started on

Hi, I've been here anonymously and with a pseudonym.  Now that's seeming kind of silly and I'd like to be here as myself.  Is there a way to change my screen name and leave my old screen name completely behind -- in no way associated with the old screen name?  (I haven't trashed anybody but I've asked some quesions under the pseduonym that i'd rather not have associated with me.)  Is this possible?
#1 - July 27, 2010, 10:44 AM

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
You'd have to start a new account, which you are only allowed to do with the permission of the administrators.  (Normally, it's one account per person.)  You can change your screen name but all of your old posts will be listed with your new name.

Unfortunately, I'm not an admin any more (awww!) so we'll have to wait until one comes along. :)
#2 - July 27, 2010, 10:49 AM
VAMPIRINA IN THE SNOW (Disney-Hyperion, 2018)
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
You only have to change your screen name in your profile. Anything you have posted as Annoymous, will stay as Anon... and won't show as your real persona, anymore than they show as your current board name.  If there are a few posts you'd like to have removed before you make the change, just contact any of the mods for help in removing those threads before you make your name change.
#3 - July 27, 2010, 11:01 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Admins and Mods Emeriti
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region midatlantic
Look, it's Verla! 
#4 - July 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
VAMPIRINA IN THE SNOW (Disney-Hyperion, 2018)
BUSY-EYED DAY (Beach Lane Books, 2018)
GROUNDHUG DAY (Disney-Hyperion, 2017)
among others

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
Look! It's Anne Marie! (Glad to see you, Anne Marie. I still miss your comments in the Admin section of the board!) :flowers2
#5 - July 27, 2010, 11:07 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

Members: