SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Error when I try to search

Discussion started on

Wordaholic
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
  • SCBWI PAL
This has happened to me several times today... when I try to use the search bar on the main page of the Blueboards, it gives me this error:

Error 403: Forbidden

Your PHP settings have been disabled by an H-Sphere administrator.

* Your current PHP configuration:
    * --> This configuration was changed:

Please bring your PHP configuration in compliance with admin settings or request your administrator to re-enable support of your settings.

You don't have permissions to access this page. This usually means one of the following:

* this file and directory permissions make them unavailable from the Internet.
    * .htaccess contains instructions that prevent public access to this file or directory.

Any idea why this might be?

Thanks!
Karen
#1 - October 19, 2010, 10:02 AM
Out now: DEADLY DELICIOUS

www.karenkincy.com
Twitter: @karenkincy

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
I'm not a tech goddess by any stretch, but I was able to check permission settings here, and you should be able to search...so I'm guessing it might be something with your computer.
#2 - October 19, 2010, 10:12 AM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Karen K: I tested it for you myself. Strange thing happened. When I put in a search for "pb's" on the main page of the BB's, it gave me that same error!  But when I searched, "hardcovers," it did a proper search. 

Try searching with different words? Very odd.
#3 - October 19, 2010, 10:17 AM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
This happened to me the other day when I was trying to send a PM that I thought was too long.  I thought shortening the PM fixed it...but now I'm wondering if it's because I opened a new window and sent it from there instead.  

Let us know if logging onto the Blueboards in a new window helps.  You could also try to clear your cache.  I hope it works!  If not, PM me the keywords you want and I'll send you the search results.
#4 - October 19, 2010, 10:21 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
I wonder if it has anything to do with browser type...? 
#5 - October 19, 2010, 10:23 AM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Marissa and Mindy,... Could you try searching "pb's" on the search? I just picked a random thing I'd look for. Please let us know if you get the error message or if it lists the search.

Testing, testing...
#6 - October 19, 2010, 10:26 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
Well, that's weird.  When I search for "PBs" or "pbs", I get a normal search...when I tried "pb's", I got that error message.  So I tried "hardcovers" and "hardcover's"  and "Verla Kay's Message Boad" and Verla Kays Message Board"...and I think it just doesn't seem to like apostrophes.
#7 - October 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region florida
I received the error, too.  I guess you can't use an apostrophe in a search. I tested it out and numbers work and so do some other punctuation marks.  Strange!
#8 - October 19, 2010, 10:33 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region sandiego
Ahhh... That must be it! No apostrophes in the search!  Good work, gang! Mystery solved.  :partytime

KarenK... Have you tried searching without any apostrophes?
#9 - October 19, 2010, 10:35 AM

Creator of Mootastic Art and Children's Books
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro
I get an error message like that sometimes when I use the Quick Reply feature on the bottom of the page. It only does it on some threads. Other ones work just fine. It's been happening for a month or two, but I thought it was just my computer ... anyone else having this problem?

I'm on Firefox / Mac
#10 - October 19, 2010, 04:29 PM
Site - http://sruble.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/StephanieRuble

picture book: EWE AND AYE (Disney-Hyperion)

Wordaholic
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region wwa
  • SCBWI PAL
Yes, I think it might be the apostrophes. I tried searching for "author's copies" and it gave me the error, but "authors copies" works. Weird! I'm running Firefox 3.6.10 on Windows XP SP 3, if that helps.

Thanks!
Karen
#11 - October 20, 2010, 08:55 AM
Out now: DEADLY DELICIOUS

www.karenkincy.com
Twitter: @karenkincy

Members: