SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

2011 AGDM worth it

Discussion started on

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
  • SCBWI PAL
Hello- just got the 2011 Artist and Graphic Designers Market this weekend and there are a lot of really good articles in it- especially one on photographing artwork- very detailed- I also signed up for the online addition because it had a database you could search- paid an extra 10 bucks- that not so much worth it- unfortunately I think you need to find potential clients the old fashion way of going to each and everyones website and studying their info- but alas- the print book is good!
#1 - December 06, 2010, 05:19 AM

Illustrator / Artist
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region oregon
Nice that they have an online database now. Can that be downloaded or imported in the usual database formats suitable for printing labels for print mailings or emails?
AGDM is certainly more affordable than Adbase or it similar competitor whose name escapes me right now. Not that those two aren't much more extensive, but on a tight budget ADGM has good contacts.
#2 - December 08, 2010, 02:06 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region rmc
  • SCBWI PAL
The markets I was looking at- the online data base had nothing that the book did not- and the few that had link to their website did not even work- I really think you would do better sitting down with the AGDM or the CWIM and just going to each website of the markets you are interested in- takes some work but it really is the best way to pinpoint your work.
#3 - December 08, 2010, 05:39 PM

Members: