SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

how many pbs do you have out at once?

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
I just sent out my first pb manuscript yesterday (yay!). Of course I'm WAY too distracted to work on anything today...but I'm hoping that soon I can get back to another project I was working on. That one is close to being ready, and I'm sure it will be ready long before I hear back about the first thing -- if I even hear back which is sounding doubtful from everything I've read on these boards!

Anyway, wondering how many manuscripts other people have "going" at once? And when you send out a second thing, do you mention that you have other work submitted elsewhere?

Thanks!

Carrie
#1 - February 08, 2011, 10:05 AM
www.carriefinison.com
DOZENS OF DOUGHNUTS - Putnam (July, 2020)
DON'T HUG DOUG (Spring, 2021)

Congratulations on your first sub! You are on your way!

I have about 8 pb out right now, and six more that could go out if I found the right market. No, I do not mention that I have submitted elsewhere -- until I get an offer. Picture books sometimes have a long journey ahead of them. I know of one writer who sold a picture book twenty years after she wrote it. I have sold one after ten years of trying and waiting and watching for the right place/editor to happen.

Focus on the art of writing, and keep going!

eab  :yup

#2 - February 08, 2011, 10:41 AM

Children's writer
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region australiaeastnz
I have three out there.
#3 - February 08, 2011, 01:16 PM
I've Got a Tail! - Amicus Ink 2020

www.juliemurphybooks.com

I have a non-fiction PB manuscript with an outline for five more non-fiction PBs in the same topic, one PB submitted for a spring SCBWI Conference Critique with an editor, and a fantasy PB.  I have a couple that have been out for a long time with no response, so I've written those off. But you never know! 
#4 - February 08, 2011, 01:45 PM
Stained Glass Summer, Musa Publishing
Weaving Magic, YA Romance
Finders Keepers--MeeGenius Publishing
www.mindyhardwick.com

Members: