• SCBWI Region canadawest
Oh, Jen, then I'm a dorky fangirl, too.   :yup
#31 - June 19, 2011, 04:00 PM
THIS LITTLE PIGGY (AN OWNER'S MANUAL), Aladdin PIX June 2017 :pigsnort
KUNG POW CHICKEN 1-4, Scholastic 2014 :chicken

http://cyndimarko.com
@cynmarko

Oh yeah, fangirl here, too!
But I'd rather not do a prequel - not because I don't love those characters, but knowing how things end up for everyone already makes it less compelling to me. But that's me on prequels for anything. ;)
#32 - June 19, 2011, 04:06 PM
Robin

Official Shenaniganizer
Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region canadawest
I was *just* thinking the same thing...like watching the Star Wars prequels. When you know how it's all going to end, it kind of takes the thrill out of it.
#33 - June 19, 2011, 04:19 PM
THIS LITTLE PIGGY (AN OWNER'S MANUAL), Aladdin PIX June 2017 :pigsnort
KUNG POW CHICKEN 1-4, Scholastic 2014 :chicken

http://cyndimarko.com
@cynmarko

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Yeah, yeah....I've been wondering about that too.   Because it's true -- we know how it all works out with Lily and James and Snape and crew, so there's nothing compelling enough to really write a book (or series) with really rich plot and interiority, etc., etc.  But still.  *stomps feet*  Is *wanting* such a book so wrong??   I would probably NOT care that I knew who ends up with whom, what Lupin's big monthly period was all about, and how Sirius was fighting his family --  and still scarf up a prequel.  As a writer, yes, yes, I get that knowing the basic story arcs waters it all down.  As a fan?  I. JUST. WANT. MORE.   :taz:

I would take the next generation stories, fer sure.  Yes, indeed. 

*drums fingers, waiting, waiting.*   I just hope mugglenet doesn't publish a book on "What Will the New Harry Potter Website Be?" because I *might* be tempted to buy it.  Cause I'm that kind of freak.  (Or maybe not). 

Sigh.

#34 - June 19, 2011, 04:39 PM

heartsandflowers

OMG..... So can't wait
 :cheerleader :cheerleader :cheerleader
#35 - June 19, 2011, 07:32 PM

I know what you're all saying about prequels.  At least we know that JK writes WAY better than George Lucas (as even die-hard George Lucas fans know) and if she were to write a prequel, I don't think she would take the 20 years George Lucas did (as I think the time lapse between Star Wars films also helped to diminish the magic of the story--George didn't have "it" any longer.)  Plus, to be honest, the Star Wars movies--even the original three--got progressively worse.  The HP books only got better and better!  (At least in my opinion!)
#36 - June 20, 2011, 07:03 AM
The Arts-Angels, Track 1: DRAWN TO YOU
2012 from Brushstroke Books

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wwa
Darn. I was hoping for a book.
#38 - June 22, 2011, 11:20 AM
Twitter: @MelissaKoosmann

Me too-  :shrug:
#39 - June 22, 2011, 11:59 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region socal
I was hoping for a book, too, but this sounds pretty cool. Who doesn't love a treasure hunt? Sort of a cross between HP and geo-caching. I think I like it.

Laurel
#40 - June 22, 2011, 12:41 PM

JustinDono

Well, it sounds like the treasure hunt is also leading up to something else, o a book is still a possibility.
#41 - June 22, 2011, 04:38 PM

I really hope it's not just for the US and UK.  :(

Edit to add: Less than three hours to go! There are so many owls on that countdown page now... I'm getting excited!
#42 - June 22, 2011, 05:08 PM
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:19 AM by yellow_submarine »
MG/ YA Fantasy from PRH (Aus):

* ƇᕼAᔕIƝG ƬHƐ ѴALLƐƳ trilogy (2013-2014)
* Tɧe HµSɧ (2015)
* Aℊeηt NøмAⅾ series (2017)

http://twitter.com/SkyeOhWhy

I wonder if the leak was true or not.  Guess we'll find out in October. 
It IS an interactive website, that much we know.  She is keeping HP as current as possible for the next generation of readers, and to keep the readers and fans she already has still involved in her world as much as possible.
I can't say I'm disappointed, since I didn't really expect another book, though she did mention the information she's been hoarding for years will be revealed.
The wand game may be a part of it, it could have been made up, we'll see.
Interesting and intriguing.  Perhaps not worth getting up early, as I did, but interesting nonetheless.  And she looks fabulous.
#43 - June 23, 2011, 04:45 AM
The Arts-Angels, Track 1: DRAWN TO YOU
2012 from Brushstroke Books

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region britishisles

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Indeed.  Indeed.
#45 - June 23, 2011, 04:35 PM

You guys read this?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2011/jun/23/pottermore-jk-rowling-marketing-genius-harry-potter

Shrewd lady, that one.

That really just makes me love her more! I'd buy the ebooks. I'll buy every format HP comes in, I love it that much... ;)
#46 - June 25, 2011, 09:31 PM
Robin

Members: