SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Location, Location, Location!

Discussion started on

Most of my MS takes place at either the city dump or inside a cave.

Oooh, the dump!  Part of mine happens at the landfill.
#31 - July 04, 2011, 10:31 AM
J.Ro
NO PLACE TO FALL (Harper Teen, 2014)
www.jayerobinbrown.blogspot.com
www.jayerobinbrown.com

My WIP takes place in Southern California -- Topanga Canyon and Ojai.
#32 - July 04, 2011, 11:08 AM
-----
Call me Samantha or Sam...

KING OF THE MUTANTS- Debut Middle Grade, Month9Books, 2015

cyn2write

This is so fun!!

My first was Edison NJ, where I grew up, my second Bucks County PA, where I live now, my third a fictional NJ barrier island, my fourth Seaside Park, NJ, and my fifth one, Caratunk, Maine.  The dystopian I just finished is in the middle of nowhere, about 1000 years in the future. I am getting more adventurous!!!
#33 - July 04, 2011, 12:27 PM

My previous WIP was set in an alternate England between the wars, so about 1920.  Current one is also England, but this time about 100 years from now, although I suspect from the way it's going, it may hop a couple of centuries further ahead.
#34 - July 05, 2011, 07:34 AM

JustinDono

Current manuscript takes place in fantasy counterpart Cuba, while a cross between fantasy Rome and fantasy Victorian-era Britain is occupying it.
#35 - July 05, 2011, 09:22 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region wwa
The WIP I'm starting now is set in a made-up country in a made-up universe where almost everyone is born with vivid memories of past lives.

#36 - July 05, 2011, 09:38 AM
Twitter: @MelissaKoosmann

KimJo

The WIP I'm revising right now (have to have it to my publisher by the end of the week) takes place in and around Portland, Maine, though I never actually name the location in the book. It's part of a series, and most of the books in the series take place in that area, though there's some action in the Boston area as well in some of the books.

The WIP I'm writing right now (and have to hustle on, because I foolishly promised it to a publisher by late August/early September, and it's a YA novel) takes place in coastal New Hampshire, mostly the Hampton Beach area.
#37 - July 05, 2011, 02:27 PM

mvandeva

Whoooo Mexico City!!!
#38 - July 11, 2011, 01:38 PM

Members: