SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Dual-covered Picture Book

Discussion started on

amylilbit

I am certain that subject made no sense at all. And I call myself a writer! ;)

I've written a picture book that you read through and then flip over...so it can start either way that you could hold the book and will become a continuous loop, if that makes sense. How would I point this out in my manuscript submission? It's ok to share a detail like that, correct?

Thanks!
#1 - July 25, 2011, 08:25 PM

pretty pink princess poster
Poster Plus
You would mention this in your cover letter or query. They should understand by the words you've chosen how it should be done. If you have  illustration notes that are required that aren't apparent within the text, you should indicate it with the line of text in parentheses.
#2 - July 25, 2011, 09:30 PM
PBU
http://wwwpamcalvert.blogspot.com/p/picture-book-university.html

Brianna Bright Ballerina Knight series

Princess Peepers
Multiplying Menace

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust
Poster Plus
I knew exactly what you meant! You could mention it's dual-covered like What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees, a similar book.
#3 - July 26, 2011, 10:02 AM

amylilbit

Thanks! I didn't think to mention it in the cover letter. Of course! Yes, otherwise the text is self-explanatory.

In unrelated news I just noticed last night's post shows as my first. I wonder how that happened! I've haven't contributed to the boards in several months (things are crazy since baby #2 came along) but that certainly wasn't my first post! Hmm
#4 - July 26, 2011, 06:25 PM

Members: