SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Promotional Postcards

Discussion started on

plume

Can anyone tell me where I can get promotional postcards made that look good and are not too expensive?
#1 - September 06, 2011, 05:43 AM
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 05:52 AM by plume »

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region easternny
I generally use Overnight Prints. (Caution: despite the name, they are not overnight.)

#2 - September 06, 2011, 05:54 AM
twitter: @literaticat
ask the agent: http://literaticat.tumblr.com/ask

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
  • SCBWI PAL
I've had great luck with Gotprint.com. Used to use Overnight, but the quality was spotty. And yeah, they deliver overnight... if you want to pay a fortune! ;-)
#3 - September 06, 2011, 06:14 AM

Enigmainthemist

You can try moo.com . They have more then just business cards.
http://us.moo.com/en/?gclid=CMuJms-kiasCFWQ0QgoduyRo2w
#4 - September 06, 2011, 11:47 AM

Chronic
Poster Plus
Just to second Gotprint.com. I've used them several times for book promotion and been happy on each occasion.
#5 - September 06, 2011, 02:09 PM
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:39 PM by C.K. »
Film school grad. Time traveller. Billy Bragg fan. Canadian/Irish novelist of character-driven fiction from sci-fi to slice of life.

plume

Thanks all. What information do you put on your postcards? Do you include your phone number?
#6 - September 06, 2011, 07:16 PM

New Poster
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region newengland
  • SCBWI PAL
Plume,
I put name, website, email and phone number, and info about the image on the card, if applicable. It's also a good idea to put your return address on there, small, so the card will come back to you if there's a change of address. Helps with keeping the mailing list up-to-date... and hate to waste postage!

-Jennifer
#7 - September 07, 2011, 07:30 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nymetro

Chris Jones

I can vouch for overnight prints. I've used them a few times.
#9 - September 08, 2011, 10:27 AM

I was once the boy who wouldn't sit still!
Member.
Poster Plus
Gotprint.com is the best. I have been using them for 4 years. They send you proofs at have always printed my stuff correctly. Check out their DOWNLOADED TEMPLATES SECTION. They have templates for everything they print so setting up files becomes sooo much easier.
#10 - November 18, 2011, 01:50 PM

Rock of The Westies
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region nevada
I was ready to get some postcards printed and was using Overnight Prints, but even after converting to CMYK, the final print was faded. So much so, my last order I asked for a re-print and they obliged but the images were still a bit washed out. My fax/printer/scanner was printing better quality. This has happened twice, but the first time, I didn't ask for reprints. They are good about responding though.

So I came here to look at the suggestions,went with Got Prints and WOW! The premium stock is much thicker and the color is spot on. I was cringing a bit when I opened the box . . . and once I took a look, I felt a nice sense of relief. Their prices are actually better. And what's more, they are located in NorCal, so I got them sooner than the estimated shipment date.They're definitely my number one choice for the next order! Rockin' Awesome! :hairdude
#11 - May 03, 2012, 06:48 AM
Fur Balls & Feathers & Fins, Oh My! Animals Are My Kind of People
 www.cynthiakremsner.com

I draw stuff for chocolates.
Poster Plus
I was ready to get some postcards printed and was using Overnight Prints, but even after converting to CMYK, the final print was faded. So much so, my last order I asked for a re-print and they obliged but the images were still a bit washed out. My fax/printer/scanner was printing better quality. This has happened twice, but the first time, I didn't ask for reprints. They are good about responding though.

So I came here to look at the suggestions,went with Got Prints and WOW! The premium stock is much thicker and the color is spot on. I was cringing a bit when I opened the box . . . and once I took a look, I felt a nice sense of relief. Their prices are actually better. And what's more, they are located in NorCal, so I got them sooner than the estimated shipment date.They're definitely my number one choice for the next order! Rockin' Awesome! :hairdude

I love them. Always happy with the product.
#12 - May 03, 2012, 05:29 PM
patreon.com/wendymartin
Animal Totem Mandala 2016
The Story Circle 2016 (PiƱata)
Color and Conjure 2017 (Llewellyn)

Double W Illustrations
Member In Memoriam
Poster Plus
I love them. Always happy with the product.

I agree with the above GotPrint is my go to as well. (Knock on Wood)  Always great stuff from them!
#13 - May 05, 2012, 09:26 PM

Members: