SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Discussion started on

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region oregon
  • SCBWI PAL
I just finished it a few minutes ago.

Wow. WOW!!! I am so in awe of the imagination it requires to write a book like this. Nothing was predictable. And then on top of a plot that kept me turning the pages, the language is so utterly beautiful. Breathtaking, really.

I think this series is going to take the world by storm. I hope it does. Definitely deserves to!

#1 - October 25, 2011, 08:52 AM
The Bridge From Me to You, Scholastic
plus five other YA novels
It's Raining Cupcakes trilogy
Charmed Life series
http://www.lisaschroederbooks.com

teri

I haven't read it Lisa, but I just wanted to say that you are such a gracious writer--you are always ready with praise for others.  I have always admired that about you.
#2 - October 25, 2011, 09:03 AM

Global Moderator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
I'm usually not a big fan of fantasy, but I have loved all of Laini's books. They are crafted with great care and it's so easy to slip into the worlds she creates. Looking forward to reading Daughter this winter. I'm afraid if I buy it now, nothing else will get done.

Vijaya
#3 - October 25, 2011, 09:32 AM
TEN EASTER EGGS (Cartwheel/Scholastic, 2015)
www.vijayabodach.blogspot.com
Author of over 60 books and 60 magazine pieces

writerdebm

Lisa...I am with you on the WOW. Was hooked from page one and the way she approached introducing the fantasy world, so so smart, unique, unexpected. And the setting, the details and the depth of imagination in the characters she created. Yeah. Kind of impressed, too.  :hairdude
#4 - October 25, 2011, 10:25 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region oregon
  • SCBWI PAL
Aw, thanks Teri. What a sweet thing to say.

Book love is something I never get tired of sharing. :) I just wish I had more time to read!!
#5 - October 25, 2011, 08:07 PM
The Bridge From Me to You, Scholastic
plus five other YA novels
It's Raining Cupcakes trilogy
Charmed Life series
http://www.lisaschroederbooks.com

Fiona L

I love Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I first read Laini's work with lips touch three times. Her writing is amazing, and her creativity too. Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed it. :)
#7 - October 26, 2011, 12:09 AM

Members: