SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Any good recommendations for new Christmas books for kids 2 - 4

Discussion started on

I was once the boy who wouldn't sit still!
Member.
Poster Plus
Looking for some advice on NEW books for Christmas. Looking for fun books.
#1 - November 16, 2011, 02:04 PM

Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region dakotas
I suppose the question is, how new is new? Currently the book my 3YO keeps checking out from the library over and over and over and over is Can You Make a Scary Face? by Jan Thomas. I read it to a first grade class today, and they liked it, too. He also held a stakeout at the book fair over Mark Teague's Firehouse. (Dogs AND fire trucks, I mean, how good can you get?) My daughters love the Pinkalicious books. My younger kids also love anything illustrated by Marla Frazee or Helen Oxenbury, both of whom have fairly recent books out.
#2 - November 16, 2011, 02:28 PM

You might want to bid on this cute Christmas autographed picture book called THREE BEARS' CHRISTMAS by Kathy Duval.
It's blueboarder Jean Reidy's auction to help bring books to a village in Africa.

Here's the link--scroll all the way down to see this book and lots of other great gift ideas.
http://lightupthelibrary.blogspot.com/search/label/Items%20for%20Readers
#3 - November 16, 2011, 02:58 PM
THESE THINGS COUNT! award-winning nature series Albert Whitman
TWIGS (YA)  Merit Press
www.alisonashleyformento.com

My very favorite Christmas book ever is called Bright Christmas: An Angel Remembers - probably geared toward older kids but my 3 and 6 year old love it too. I also like This is the Star an awful lot. :)
#4 - November 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
Robin

Members: