SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

Bureaucratese

Discussion started on

I was idling through the Sunday paper with my beloved when I came across an item about airport security. Apparently, an in-depth search of one passenger turned up an unwrapped cough drop in a jacket pocket which threw the attending security officers into total consternation. The incident's great "find" was officially reported as a "pocket anomaly."  :snork

Pocket anomaly.

Whosoever amongst you is writing a future dystopian novel, please try to work in, somehow, the discovery of a pocket anomaly.  :ha
#1 - November 21, 2011, 08:04 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Pocket anomaly--It's making me think of that part in "Yellow Submarine" with Ringo's "I've got a hole in me pocket" crossed with advanced physics.

I will not address the silliness of consternation over unwrapped cough drops, however.
#2 - November 21, 2011, 08:11 AM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

blythe

Pocket anomalies: Every laundry day is filled with them around here. But the physics angle does finally explain the disappearance of socks! We need to write a paper pronto.

And a naked cough drop can look pretty menacing...

#3 - November 21, 2011, 08:21 AM

writer928

That's a good one. Maybe that pocket was bigger on the inside:)
#4 - November 21, 2011, 09:10 AM

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Naked Cough Drops would be an excellent name for a garage band.  Just saying.
#5 - November 21, 2011, 09:57 AM
The Leland Sisters series: Courtship and Curses, Bewitching Season, Betraying Season (Holt BYR/Macmillan)
www.marissadoyle.com
www.nineteenteen.com

jeffman

Naked Cough Drops would be an excellent name for a garage band.  Just saying.

As long as they perform in Zoot Suits.
#6 - November 21, 2011, 10:11 AM

Members: