SCBWI's Blueboard - A Message & Chat Board

I Wrote a Thousand Words Today Club

Discussion started on

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
If you made it to a thousand words (or, even your own personal goal for the day) come in and do a cheer!

Today, I'm doing the  :snoopy dance!

A thousand words and counting!!!!

#1 - May 07, 2009, 09:26 AM
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:58 AM by Mrs. Jones »
http://twitter.com/EnaJones
http://www.EnaJones.com

CLAYTON STONE, AT YOUR SERVICE
Holiday House, 2015
CLAYTON STONE, FACING OFF
Holiday House, 2016

KateM

Nearly 10,000 words into the manuscript! Here's to the new year, hopefully I can print the last page I type before we move houses; and then I can keep writing by hand!
I don't want to stop :D
#2 - January 03, 2011, 07:30 PM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Thanks, Danyelle! Did you make it to the halfway point?
And KitchenK, will you *seriously* write by hand? That's determination!
I've been plugging away in 250-500 word increments this week, but I'm going to try to power through 1000 today. Let's hope I'll be back here to report later on. :typing
#3 - January 06, 2011, 07:37 AM

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region newengland
Okay, so it took me a few days to get back here. Thanks to the blizzard, work was canceled and I had all afternoon to write. Hooray! Logged over 1000 today, and I'll wait to shovel out until tomorrow.  :snow
#4 - January 12, 2011, 02:24 PM

DeirdreK

Weee! Back here for the first time in ages!  All due to a new years resolution to stop obsessing over what I can't fix, and to spend the energy on my WIP instead!

Sadly, now the laundry calls. :(
#5 - January 12, 2011, 02:45 PM

DeirdreK

Yey! Did it again! And it's all thanks to John Scalzi and his 2000 words a day! (Because heck, if he, who actually contributes GOOD THINGS to the blogosphere can stay off the 'net for a few hours, so can I, right?)
#6 - January 14, 2011, 03:54 PM

Champagne Supernova
Member.
Poster Plus
Yay, I'm back after almost a week of feeling stuck. Wrote around 3-4k words between today and yesterday!

:horse:

#7 - January 20, 2011, 01:38 AM
THE D'EVIL D1ARIES April 2015
HELL'S BELLES Oct 2015
Twitter: @Tatum_Flynn

Yay, I'm back after almost a week of feeling stuck. Wrote around 3-4k words between today and yesterday!

:horse:

:envy:
Stuck with an ear infection and can hear myself too much to think! :pityparty: :yuk:
#8 - January 20, 2011, 04:15 AM

Champagne Supernova
Member.
Poster Plus
Ouch, sympathy on the ear infection elephants.

But I really should post in this thread every time I write, it definitely brings me good luck - got another 3k down today - the end is in sight!  :)
#9 - January 20, 2011, 10:49 PM
HELL'S BELLES Oct 2015

Emeritus
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region carolinas
Hey, you guys! Great work going on here!!!

And, Brett, you're right. This IS a good luck thread!! Keep going!

I'm doing the dance for all of you!! :snoopy :snoopy :snoopy :snoopy
#10 - January 21, 2011, 05:19 AM
http://twitter.com/EnaJones
http://www.EnaJones.com

CLAYTON STONE, AT YOUR SERVICE
Holiday House, 2015
CLAYTON STONE, FACING OFF
Holiday House, 2016

Did get two hundred written in between hearing myself think.  But now the furry laptop has decided to climb on my knee and started to preen himself.  My arms are stretched out over him to type!
Hope you guys don't have such ridiculous problems.  I am going to shift him for a nice writing session.  (hopefully)  That earache is still there!
#11 - January 21, 2011, 05:27 AM

Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region ohiocensouth
I've got a snow day today and a free day tomorrow, so I'm participating in a self-imposed writing marathon. The goal is 10, 000 words by midnight tomorrow (Saturday). So far I'm at 2110.  As long as I don't hit any writer's blocks, this might be doable.  :oncomputer  :cookie :cookie :cookie

#12 - January 21, 2011, 10:21 AM

mbwest1220

I forgot this thread was here! I hope it's okay that I join the fun.

I am soooo stoked as I managed to write 5K in the last 2 days. Yay for productivity!
#13 - January 22, 2011, 12:58 PM

Don't know how much I wrote, but I don't care cos I'm FINISHED!!!![/[/font]color] :star2  Now all I have to do is take a long and painful trip to Revisionland.   :plane Considering I am a longhander and there are edit marks all over my pages, it is going to be L-O-N-G and painful.  Gonna need a lot of  :goodluck.
#14 - January 23, 2011, 11:48 AM

I've decided to post on here because I need somewhere to be accountable.  I've been SO lazy with my writing the past two months.  One of my resolutions this year is to finish first drafts of two manuscripts.  Which means I have to actually write.  Not think about writing or read writing blogs, but actual writing.

I just finished 1000 words today.  I hope if I log on to this thread, seeing everyone else making progress will spur me into action!

Congrats, thunderingelephants, on finishing!   :cheers:
#15 - January 23, 2011, 02:22 PM
Gail Nall

BREAKING THE ICE (Aladdin/S&S, Spring 2015)

RSVP series, with Jen Malone (Aladdin/S&S, Summer 2015 & Spring 2016)

Rep'd by Julia Weber

DeirdreK

1200!  I tried the trick someone suggested of always leaving the last sentence unfinished... and it works!  Usually, I can only get about 300 words aday because my time is so fragmented (kids, kids, and more kids.)  With the trick, I've been hitting 500 without work, 1000 pretty easily, and occasuionally 2000!

It probably helps that I got over the hump in my WIP and am now crashing towards the climatic chapter........
#16 - January 25, 2011, 12:57 PM

1200 words today!  Which is good, considering I didn't write at all yesterday, and I know I won't have time tomorrow.
#17 - January 25, 2011, 07:02 PM
Gail Nall

BREAKING THE ICE (Aladdin/S&S, Spring 2015)

RSVP series, with Jen Malone (Aladdin/S&S, Summer 2015 & Spring 2016)

Rep'd by Julia Weber

Member.
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI Region midsouth
  • SCBWI PAL
 :goodluck thundering elephants!!!

My baby's almost three months old, and I'm back to my manuscript! A little over 1000 words last night. Looking forward to even more tonight!
#18 - January 26, 2011, 10:18 AM

JustinDono

1475 last night
1564 tonight
Woo!
#19 - January 26, 2011, 10:50 AM

Chief Administrator
Administrator
Poster Plus
  • SCBWI Member
  • SCBWI PAL
  • SCBWI Region inlandnw
NOTE:  In the interests of keeping this board current and up-to-date, the first 56 pages of this topic have been deleted, leaving only the first post in the thread (which explains what this thread is all about) and the current month's posts. You may throw rotten apples at me if you need to. I will duck and they will miss me. :lol :verla
#20 - January 27, 2011, 07:33 AM
Verla Kay

Blueboard Problems? Use the Contact A Moderator link in the menu at the top of the message board.

DeirdreK

1200 this morning after a few slow days! :horse:  Helps that my DH is home and fed the kids breakfast so I could write! Now off to part-time job, chores, etc.  Even though, if I didn't have responsibilities, I could have easily hit 2k this morning! Yay tension! Yay getting close to the end!!
#21 - January 29, 2011, 08:06 AM

DeirdreK

1200 today again! And I only have 2/3 of a chapter left in my first draft!  Woohoo! :hairdude

Thanks for the thread, guys.  It's a great motivator!  :drum:
#22 - February 07, 2011, 07:01 AM

jenniferfisher

:yay DeirdreK   :pickle :chickendance :carrot :cheerleader
I too had a stellar writing weekend! This last third of the book is writing itself  :horse:
#23 - February 07, 2011, 07:09 AM

DeirdreK

Another 1200 and I'm almost done! Well, actually, I should already be done, but I couldn't quite let them go yet.  After this I will, I promise.  And then they can go sit for a few weeks until I'm ready to start revising!
#24 - February 09, 2011, 01:34 PM

jenniferfisher

I've been in such a happy writing groove  :bellydancer I haven't been paying attention to the word count. Been carrying around a notebook to rough draft each scene. Then when I sit down to type, it flies onto the screen (at the speed of  :snail since I'm such a slow typer). But still...
#25 - February 09, 2011, 07:22 PM

Cat

I've been in such a happy writing groove  :bellydancer I haven't been paying attention to the word count. Been carrying around a notebook to rough draft each scene. Then when I sit down to type, it flies onto the screen (at the speed of  :snail since I'm such a slow typer). But still...

You are my inspiration. I sit down, look at my empty page, and my brain goes "pffffffffft."
#26 - February 12, 2011, 10:06 AM

ninajw

I haven't posted in the thread in a while.  Usually I manage little over 500 on the days I write...as I near the end of my WIP. (I think I am trying to control the writing too much.  Parts of my manuscript have been revised multiple times and are almost in their final form, but now I am working on the part I haven't written yet--and I have to remember that this part is still a first draft--I have to just let myself write it!) 

With that thougth in mind, I managed 1,157 this morning!
#27 - February 13, 2011, 05:45 AM

Champagne Supernova
Member.
Poster Plus
Woohoo!! Broke through today and wrote 5k!!! *does a little jig* First draft (much of which is more like a fourth draft) is very very nearly done. Wheeeeeeeee.
#28 - February 13, 2011, 10:10 PM
HELL'S BELLES Oct 2015

jenniferfisher

:cheerleader Brett, lostjoyfound, and Cat. Sometimes when I'm stuck, posting on these threads is the best I can in terms of forward movement. I take whatever I can get!
#29 - February 15, 2011, 06:33 AM

pattyjohnson

Hey all!
I finally got my game on!!! Yahooies!  I did over 1k today and made a dent in my revisions!  I feel productive.
Cat- I don't know if this would help you but when i stare at a blank page its does nothing for me.  i will write a quick outline of what i want or a poem or a paragraph anything so the page isn't blank...does that make sense?  anyways it helps me. 
It sounds like brett and happycamper are zooming along....GOO TEAM!!!!
 :snoopy
patty
#30 - February 17, 2011, 08:59 AM

Members: